1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

The best android phone available in the USA?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by MAcheezy770, Jan 13, 2012.

1. MAcheezy770

MAcheezy770 Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    I am in the market to buy a new android phone. What is the best android money can buy? Hd front and back facing cameras 8 mp+ dual/ quad core. Internal nic card capable of injecting packets, hi res display, sensors, temp sensors, 2gb ram ,2ghz, 4g lte capable... does a phone with these capabilities exist or close to it or coming?

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Tough question, there are so many good ones.

Maybe it's the Galaxy Note.

I don't think you'll find front facing HD camera anytime soon.

I also like the HTC Rezound, nice phone.

I haven't been able to catch up on the many offerings from CES this week, and more will be introduced at the Mobile World Congress at the end of February.

3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Currently your dream phone doesn't exist and may not for a while. There are plenty of great phones out right now and plenty have been announced at CES.

Do you know what carrier you are looking for? VZW and AT&T have LTE networks currently. I believe Sprint has announced theirs and will be releasing LTE devices later this year for it.

4. MAcheezy770

MAcheezy770 Newbie
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    I'm on AT&T and my upgrade month is coming soon. The new razr looks good but I don't think att carries it yet. I was thinking of settling with the samsung galaxy s2 unless there is something else that is better that I may have overlooked

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    MAcheezy770 likes this.
  6. schwenger

schwenger Member
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    Hudson Valley, New York
    I haven't picked up a Note yet, but due to it's large size it's either a love it or hate it relationship. My Samsung GSII (I-777) is the perfect size for me but I've heard a lot of good things about the note. You can't go wrong with either.

I've also heard good things about the HTC Evo 3D but I'm not much of an HTC fan.

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I have the Evo 3D, it's a great phone. Sprint only and qHD rather than HD.

8. MonsterMaxx

MonsterMaxx Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    +1 on the Rezound

fyi: bionic sux

9. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    If you want to stay on AT&T and you want to get a phone now, the GSII Skyrocket is the best.

If you want to wait, the Xperia Ion is going to be a really awesome phone!

*edit: was just looking over the specs again and it does do HD video chat via a 720p front camera!

10. MonsterMaxx

MonsterMaxx Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Was in the same boat myself in Oct, at my birthday party I got pushed in the pool.
    Sadly, the DINC was in my pocket.

Enter the Bionic. Nice phone, terrible problems with connectivity to the net. I was turning wifi on and off, putting it in airplane mode and out and finally rebooting the phone 20 times a day. Returned to VZW last week.

Tossup between Nexus and Rezound. Word on the net is that the Nexus has the same problems as I experienced with the Bionic.

Went with the Rezound.

Nice phone except for battery life. On the standard battery with every power saving tweak I could find it would go maybe 12 hours.
    I bought the extended battery with the phone but it's so humongous that I really wanted to get by with the stock batt.

There's just no way to get thru the day on the stocker. So now I'm stuck with a 2" thick phone for 2 years. Ugh.

So, market today, I'd say the Rezound and either keep a spare batt, charger close at hand or live with a phone that's twice as thick as anything on the market (extended batt.)

Rumor is that Motorola is releasing a new Razor called the Maxx with a 3300mah batt soon. I'd say that'd be pretty nice if I hadn't already had such a miserable experience with Motorola bugs already.