1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Best Android Phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jefboyardee, May 22, 2011.

1. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

LG Optimus S (Sprint)

The Optimus S is the best budget Android phone on Sprint, a well-tuned, feature-packed touch-screen slab with all of the functionality most consumers and small business users need.

-------------------- -------------------- --------------------

And to think, I was tired of having it replaced with refurbs. It really is a marvel when it

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. apinkel

apinkel Android Enthusiast

Yeah I think that's a good summary of the phone. The opt S isn't flashy but it's the most solid smartphone I've owned yet... hardware and software are all very solid/stable.

I wish it had more storage but given it's price I have no reason to complain.

3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

The Optimus S was really a great choice back before Sprint implemented their new $10/month smartphone adder (on 1/30/11). Back in January, I wrote a hands-on review comparing it to the Samsung Transform. I bought 4 Optimus S's for me and my family a few hours before the $10 smartphone adder deadline so that we'd be grandfathered in on the lower monthly pricing. To me, it wasn't worth extra ($10/month x 4 phones=) $40/month for 4G service. But if I had to buy a phone on Sprint now (and I had to pay the $10/months smartphone adder fee), I'd spend a bit more money and get one of the more powerful, flash-capable, video-conferencing-capable 4G phones.

4. xneutral

xneutral Lurker

Well according to this best android phones roundup, the other option on Sprint is the HTC EVO Shift 4G. Yea it's a couple of hundred dollars but given it's size, features and storage I think it's worth getting. But that's just my opinion

5. urthatguy

urthatguy Lurker

Piece of crap, sorry to troll

6. apinkel

apinkel Android Enthusiast

It's not a piece of crap. It's a surprisingly solid, usable phone... for all the reasons mentioned in this thread and pretty much every review that's been done on the phone.

People say you shouldn't ever apologize. I think you should apologize when you do something stupid... or, even better, don't do stupid stuff. So your apology has been accepted.

7. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

I’m sure the Optimus has several inadequacies when compared to established powerhouse phones, but for someone like me, being lured from a state-of-the-art (2002) Samsung i500 to the wonders of Android with a free phone, I’d say they have hit their target -- namely, to release an irresistable introduction to the bleeding edge.

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews