• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best Christmas movie

My favorite is It's a Wonderful Life. (The original B&W) My tradition is to watch that, White Christmas and Holiday Inn all on Christmas Eve and then at least one showing of a Christmas Story on Christmas. Always try to catch Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, The Ref, Elf, Die Hard, Gremlins ... etc during the season. I consider any movie that Christmas plays a key part in the Story and Plot is indeed a Christmas movie.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
It's A Wonderful Life
Christmas Story

It's just not Christmas without those two.

I like all the old cartoons/claymation shows too, Drummer Boy probably is my favorite but they hardly ever show it these days.

I got a DVD set some years ago that has all the Frankin/Bass claymation Christmas specials. Rudolf, Frosty, Year without Santa, Drummer Boy, there's like 7 or 8 of them, I can't remember them all. I only watch it every so often, if I miss my favorites.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
I'm speaking for the Mrs. here as I'd rather have an ice pick through the temple than watch any of these. ;)

The Bishop's Wife (Cary Grant)
A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim)
Going My Way (Bing Crosby)
Holiday Inn (Bing Crosby)
White Christmas (Bing ... you get the idea :p)
I watched Holiday Inn at my grandparent's place, I really did not like seeing it the first time around...

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones