• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Best Music Player??

bTunes, works very well,

wired and bluetooth

I saw that in the Market. The only thing is, there is no trial program for it and I "personally" don't want to take the chance of loosing out on the $1.49 it costs. By the way, is there a specific reason why that program is showing up twice in the Market? I get the exact same listing twice, price and all. Probably just a glitch I guess. I also saw in the description how it is supposed to download missing artwork. The same thing is said for the MixZing program, but it doesn't accomplish that and the bTunes probably won't either. I suppose that is because the data bases that these programs work from aren't familiar with the artist/albums.

Upvote 0
I saw that in the Market. The only thing is, there is no trial program for it and I "personally" don't want to take the chance of loosing out on the $1.49 it costs. By the way, is there a specific reason why that program is showing up twice in the Market? I get the exact same listing twice, price and all. Probably just a glitch I guess. I also saw in the description how it is supposed to download missing artwork. The same thing is said for the MixZing program, but it doesn't accomplish that and the bTunes probably won't either. I suppose that is because the data bases that these programs work from aren't familiar with the artist/albums.

everything has a 24 hr trial period.

Upvote 0
Whats wrong wit the stock player. It gets the job down for me. If I'm missing out on some special features of these music players let me know.

This is my experience with the stock player and it is probably due to my lack of knowledge of this device/OS. I found that the stock player seemed to have a lot of trouble with too many folders, or at least this is my judgement of the trouble I was having. That problem sent me looking for other players, I found one called MortPlayer Music Beta, but of course that program being in beta gave me a couple of problems. I also didn't like the fact that you couldn't put together a playlist, so I went searching again.....and on and on and on.... You get the idea. ;) Still searching for just the right one.

Upvote 0
everything has a 24 hr trial period.

That's what I've heard, at least that is what Google told me in their email when I purchased something a while back, but when I went to look in the Market to see if what they told me was correct (it said something about in the market area under downloads I would be able to see on the download/purchase in question something like "eligable for refund"). Well, that wasn't the case. That program just happened to work out for me, otherwise I would've sent them a HUGE PIECE OF MY MIND "so to speak". :mad:

So, if that is not the way to tell if a purhase is eligible for refund, then what is? Can you tell me specifically what to look for? What do you do, something like just uninstall it and then you get a refund? I would sure like to know before I go blow anymore money on any apps.

Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0
This is my experience with the stock player and it is probably due to my lack of knowledge of this device/OS. I found that the stock player seemed to have a lot of trouble with too many folders, or at least this is my judgement of the trouble I was having. That problem sent me looking for other players, I found one called MortPlayer Music Beta, but of course that program being in beta gave me a couple of problems. I also didn't like the fact that you couldn't put together a playlist, so I went searching again.....and on and on and on.... You get the idea. ;) Still searching for just the right one.
Sorry your having problems. The stock is definitely not the best. But it just works. The apps with the Album art, always gives me the wrong or I feel like I'm crowding the OS with apps that are not needed. Sense really provides us with everything we need. The only Sense app I don't use is News. It really sucks compared to FeedR app. But all in all the music app is good enough to use.

Upvote 0
That's what I've heard, at least that is what Google told me in their email when I purchased something a while back, but when I went to look in the Market to see if what they told me was correct (it said something about in the market area under downloads I would be able to see on the download/purchase in question something like "eligable for refund"). Well, that wasn't the case. That program just happened to work out for me, otherwise I would've sent them a HUGE PIECE OF MY MIND "so to speak". :mad:

So, if that is not the way to tell if a purhase is eligible for refund, then what is? Can you tell me specifically what to look for? What do you do, something like just uninstall it and then you get a refund? I would sure like to know before I go blow anymore money on any apps.

Thanks for any input.

i just bought btunes and mixzing. tried them both, liked mixzing better, uninstalled and refunded btunes. piece of cake.

everything in the market has a 24 hr trial period. don't like it; uninstall and refund. i've done it 3 or 4 times now. trust me ;)

Reactions: QuickDraw
Upvote 0
This is very a good topic to ask about... I had an app called "music remix" on my palm pre, that showed the lyrics while listening to the song based on the song title and artist... I think it was somehow linked to a lyrics database on the internet somewhere. Good stuff... I'd like to see this feature on my android phone too. Anybody know of a music app that has this feature.

Upvote 0
is there any easy way to create playlists on zimly..it doesnt seem to be saving any folders on the phone...i don't wanna go through each song and do it...

You don't have to do it by each individual song, you can get into "ALBUMS" and pick an entire album if you like to add it to the playlist. Or you can go into a specific album and pick individual songs. Unfortunately I don't see a way to pick out say...10 songs out of 25 of a particular album WITHOUT doing it using the single cut method...now that can get a little tedious.

I find it best to create the playlist name first, then add albums/songs to it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it is a long press that you use to add to the playlists.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones