• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Best President America Never Had

psionandy

Extreme Android User
Dec 5, 2009
liverpool
www.androidforums.com
You might have noticed there's a heated debate going on in another part of this forum about the GOP candidate race.

Whilst posting in it, someone mentioned a someone they thought may have been elected if things had worked out differently.. which got my mind wondering.

Who do you think would have been an amazing president if history had played out differently... (to avoid conflict with other threads, anyone who ran for nomination in 2016 from either party is nominated... even if they had a failed run in a previous campaign)?

Would John McCain have made it to the White House if he had only picked a different choice for VP? how would the world be different now.

Or maybe Henry Jackson might have got a shot at greatness if he'd have beaten Carter to the Democratic nomination in 1976 (after all ; Ronald Reagan called him "one of the greatest lawmakers of our century" after his death?

Bobby Kennedy? Jessie Jackson? Colin Powell? Jane Fonda? Charles Evans Hughes? Victoria Woodhull or Barry Goldwater?

Probably it was someone I've never even heard of... so what do you think?

Reactions: mikedt
Ross Perot. That guy was a serious businessman who had exact specifics on how to rework the system/economy but backed of the race out when his daughter got kidnapped

See, I knew someone would come up with someone who wasn't on the list, according to wikipedia (yes I know.. I'm embarrassed by my ignorance and lack of better sources) " Perot eventually stated the reason was that he received threats that digitally altered photographs would be released by the Bush campaign to sabotage his daughter's wedding.[34]"

""I can't prove any of it today," he said on tonight's CBS News program "60 Minutes." "But it was a risk I did not have to take," he added, "and a risk I would not take where my daughter is concerned."" http://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/26/u...t-gop-dirty-tricks.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Without a shadow of a doubt the world WOULD have been a very different place if he was elected.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones