• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The best solution, if you ever lose your phone

controlfreak

Lurker
Jun 28, 2013
Hi guys...

I'm new here! Not sure what the norm is, hope this is the correct forum to post on.

Anyway, I lost my samsung two weeks ago. D: Was quite scared that people will log into my email and steal my identity and all that. Lost all my contacts too. -.- My friend told me to download security apps (first time I've heard of that) in case my phone is stolen again. You guys know of any good ones?

I want one that can backup data and wipe data after it is stolen or lost (if that is possible, haha...).

Any idea, guys?

Cerberus anti theft

Does quite a few neat tricks.
Uses front camera to take a picture of the user if wrong password/pin/pattern is entered and emails it to you.
GPS locate your device on their website.
Email alerts if SIM card is changed.
Most importantly, you can remote wipe the entire device by sending a text message to your phone.

It's on the Play Store, I just can't post links yet.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
can try syncnscan if you want

i keep turning gps off because the battery goes flat very quickly. but syncnscan can still find your phone when gps is off. not bad keke. think you can upload your contacts and stuff to cloud from the app too. if you really can't find your phone next time at least you still have your info.

they have some antivirus thing but im not too worried about viruses keke.

Reactions: controlfreak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones