1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Bionic has surpassed my expectations!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by messenger13, Sep 9, 2011.

1. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Coming from the OG DROID, a two-year-old device, I had somewhat HIGH expectations for the Bionic. Less than 24 hours later, and non-stop tinkering, I can tell you that I am much more than satisfied. This thing ROCKS!!! :cool:

I am somewhat disappointed that I didn't make it through the entire day without rooting though. :eek:
    What a freakin' GEEK!!! ;)

No bloatware, no bricks, it's all good. :) :D :p

If you're on the fence ... get OFF and get you some BIONIC!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

I couldnt agree more man. Coming from blackberry i am absolutely blown away by this phone. Eventually ill root and remove the crap i dnt want but for now...im loving it.

As a side note, since im new to android....feel free to recommend me some cool apps since i have no clue. Heck i dont even know what i want...i love the selections though :p

3. dguy

dguy Android Expert

I agree, the phone is very solid for the most part. I recommend it.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Going back to Android and to this phone was a big sigh of relief considering that I was using a BB. BB has a bad and stale OS and the apps were absolutely horrible. I personally like onscreen keyboards with predictive text and was a pain to have to make sure that I typed everything correctly on the physical keyboard. I still have to put this phone through its paces through daily use but I still have so much stuff to download and organize on my device that it's going to take awhile. Hehe

5. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Make sure y'all give Swype a test drive. It comes pre-installed as the alternate keyboard. It rocks! I won't use any other keyboard ever again. Love it!

6. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

I've been pretty impressed so far coming from an Incredible. I'm loving how fast it is and the bigger screen, i was growing tired of my Incredible's small screen. I just wish I didn't hear all this talk about the penitle screen otherwise I probably never would've noticed the pixelation. It was the first think I looked for when i get the phone heh. I still think it's a really nice display though.

7. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast

I'm loving the Bionic. I'm rooted and use LauncherPro and Swype. The screen looks fine to me, but I can notice some graininess if I look for it. The speed and smoothness are fantastic. The Prime or HD may be better when they come out, but who knows when they will actually release? I feel like I have the best phone out there right now. No sense in waiting.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews