• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Blacker Hole

dontpanicbobby

100% That Guy
Dec 31, 2011
Boston MA USA
My supervisor tried to convince me last night that the bigger fingerprint reader on the S21 involves a black circular void on the screen. I'm sure it was the screen protector he had installed. I could feel the edges.

So with no screen protector is there a darker circle on the screen for fingerprints when the screen is off?

I find that hard to believe.

I don't know about an actual black void, but we had another recent thread about a screen protector causing a visible circle on the screen, which a salesperson claimed was the screen rather than the screen protector. And when @jack58 replaced the screen protector the problem went away (and this was also an s21).

So I suspect that your supervisor just doesn't want to admit they made a bad purchase (even to themself).

Upvote 0
I don't know about an actual black void, but we had another recent thread about a screen protector causing a visible circle on the screen, which a salesperson claimed was the screen rather than the screen protector. And when @jack58 replaced the screen protector the problem went away (and this was also an s21).

So I suspect that your supervisor just doesn't want to admit they made a bad purchase (even to themself).
I have the S21+ 5G
Yeah, I went back in to T- Mobile store and let the salesperson and the supervisor know they were flat wrong... showed them my new glassfusion screen protector from Zagg and asked them "Where is the Dang hole?" They made no comment, just smiled. They had the balls to tell me that all new android phones do that. Really, do I look that stupid???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones