1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The Brick Of All Bricks...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alnova1, May 18, 2011.

1. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast

I have been rooting and flashing roms since Android came out but have never had this. As you can see from the pics below these are my 2 screens. I have tried 5 or 6 different RUU's to get it back to stock and nothing...it always fails. I can't use the PC36IMG.zip method because the phone doesn't recognize it. Its like I have no bootloader or hboot and I have no recovery. I have tried Autoroot and it goes through the motions but it doesn't work. A windows computer will recognize the phone but not as a disc drive...a mac doesn't. I have been searching everywhere and supposed things that work for other doesn't wok in my case. Any help would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what I get after I try to RUU back to stock...

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Your partitions are definitely jacked up. What happened? I want to say sprint lovers rom as a pc36img might work .....

Have you tried loading a pc36img rcovery onto the sd card?

3. alnova1

I did and no dice...It doesn't recognize it. The only thing that acts like it will attempt to work is a stock RUU but it fails as you can see. I have tried the autoroot route also and it goes through the motions but fails also.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what size sd card are you using. i know that the evo for some reason has issues with a card that is 2g or less.

5. alnova1

I have tried to flash a new recovery but it doesnt see the zip file...I have an 8gb sd card so thats not the problem.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so you have no hboot and because of that any PC36IMG file will not be scanned by hboot is that correct? what exactly happen to get your phone to this state?

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews