1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

THE Browser for X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrWurm, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kwest12

kwest12 Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. I hope you won't mind responding to a few follow up questions. First, are you using a droid x? If you are, have you rooted it, overclocked it, etc etc? What version of xscope are you using, free or paid (this shouldn't really make a difference, but there's always a chance)? Are you using a task killer?

I suppose it's possible that it could just be certain websites don't like xscope, but of that were the case I would assume that you would have encountered one of these sites by now. I'm just trying to figure out how two almost identical phones could have such different performance from the same app....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bigworm410

bigworm410 Newbie

Currently I have been switching back and forth between Dolphin HD and xScope, and i think i like Dolphin better, but only marginally.

3. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

Droid X, not rooted. Free version of xScope and no task killer. No idea why it's behaving differently. I'll say that sometimes the "smart zoom" (where the text appropriately wraps based on the zoom level) doesn't work after doing single finger pin zoom or pinch to zoom. In those cases, I have to double tap zoom to fix it and then zoom out again. Not sure why...it also definitely depends on the webstie.

4. sic0048

sic0048 Android Enthusiast

Trying out XScope. I like it so far (downloaded about 15 minutes ago). I don't seem to have huge zooming issues. Perhaps 1 zoom was weird so far. I do like the clean look, but if I decide to stick with it, would have to get the paid version to drop the ads. Ads pretty much kill the clean look!

5. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

What ads? I don't see any ads...

6. sic0048

sic0048 Android Enthusiast

I was browsing the engadget mobile site and a couple of others. But I realize they are probably site specific and not browser specific because I just browsed those sites with the stock browser and gets ads too.

7. santangelo

santangelo Newbie

So, is there no way to hide the address bar with the stock browser? I like the stock one, except for that issue.

8. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

Yes I want my ANDROID based phone to act exactly like an iphone. that is precisely why I bought it. K THX.

And with that I went back to DolphinHD. And I kept the stock load.

not entirely sure which I like better, but DHD seems faster that all and for whatever reason looks better on my DX.

9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

yes, you scroll down.

10. 2horses

2horses Android Enthusiast

Do you have to use a third party browser to manage your bookmarks? I can't seem to find a way to delete them with the stock browser or Folder Organizer.

11. kevro_86

kevro_86 Newbie

To delete bookmarks on stock browser:

When IN THE BROWSER, Click the Menu Button -> Bookmarks -> Click & Hold on the bookmark you want to delete or edit, then click what you're looking to do.

"Delete bookmark" is 2nd from the bottom of the list.

Hope this helps!!
    -Kevro

javamann and 2horses like this.
  12. 2horses

Well, lookie there!!

Thanks!

13. 2horses

Now, how do I import all my favorites form my pc to my phone?

14. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to do this? I'm would like to do the same thing.

15. sethgoldstein

sethgoldstein Well-Known Member

Since this is the browser discussion, despite the original topic of xScope. What is a good all around program for backing-up/syncing your bookmarks on your DX with your computer?

16. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

You can try the MyBookmarks app.

"This application will import your Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome bookmarks to the Android™ browser."

MyBookmarks - Android app on AppBrain

I haven't used it myself, so I can't guarantee that it works.

17. sethgoldstein

sethgoldstein Well-Known Member

How do I get it to go vise versa.

18. edgeman4

edgeman4 Member

I'm with the OP, I started with Dolphin and then the HD version, which I liked because of all the options, plug-ins and cool stuff you could do with it. Someone mentioned I should try xScope, and I kind of just brushed them off. They mentioned it again and I was like, ok I'll just try it, to make them happy. I have since uninstalled dolphin and only use xscope. It is minimal, fast, and has a few more options than stock, but with the same good speed for rendering. I agree that the options and bookmark editing are very limited, but for browsing, I haven't used anything better so far.

19. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert

2.99 :)

xScope is my default browser.

20. ozzzy3z

ozzzy3z Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a browser with a wrap text option. Do any exist?

21. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

I was using xScope for a while, that is until I downloaded the "Update" which was for version 6, I believe. It got rid of xScope from my DX (uninstalled?) and I lost my bookmarks as a consequence...what a piece of sh** :mad:. I'm back to the stock browser now which works OK, I may look into Dolphin and others.

22. Odin3

Odin3 Newbie

I saw that the update said "free trial" and said no thanks. It also said the old paid version is available on their website for free. If you liked it I would look into that. You should be able to uninstall version 6 and install the old one again.

23. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me. I went to use x scope and found it had updated to some different look and everything I had saved was gone. I like the clean simplicity of the old version much better.

24. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Stock browser is fast enough for me

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews