• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

THE browser to have....

flyjbaker

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
Dolphin MINI.....not regular Dolphin....not Dolphin HD.....Dolphin Mini. It is what i have always used on my phone and I just got my TP and it works wonderfully....fastand with true iPad smooth scrolling. Give it a try. Now I have to figure out a decent keyboard....

Reactions: andygu3
I'm a fan of the Thumb Keyboard, but I don't use the "thumb" layout. I prefer to have the full QWERTY keyboard laid out so I can type on it like a physical keyboard, or with one hand. The Thumb Keyboard is really nice because it allows you to adjust the size of the keys, and you also have long-press options for the more common punctuation marks and numbers.

Upvote 0
i actually prefer Boat Browser - less clutter.

i'm also using Thumb KB, and it's pretty nice. taking a little bit to get the hang of it, but i like it better than the standard kb layout.

I will check out boat browser. And I don't know how you could get any less clutter than dolphin mini....kinda the whole idea....but I will give it a go. People have been complaining about the browsing experience on this thing. It replaced an iPad for me and I am hear to ell you that it is at least as good with this browser. I will also check that thumb keyboard.

Upvote 0
Thumb keyboard is the best, only takes an hour or so to get used to it. You don't have to change the way you hold it to type anything. You can hold the ?123 key like you would hold a shift key, type the numbers/symbols you need and then let go and it will go back to the standard layout. There is also a thumbtack icon key that allows you to program text shortcuts with anything you want, such as your email, address, usernames, etc.

Upvote 0
Dolphin MINI.....not regular Dolphin....not Dolphin HD.....Dolphin Mini. It is what i have always used on my phone and I just got my TP and it works wonderfully....fastand with true iPad smooth scrolling. Give it a try. Now I have to figure out a decent keyboard....

I've gotten into the beta testing for AI's floating keyboard and it's nice.

Upvote 0
Opera browser for sure. Try it.

Need to qualify my "love of Opera". I've now used ICS, Dolphin HD, and the full Opera browser. Opera is far and away the smoothest for scrolling, zooming and overall speed. However, Flash does not yet play for me Opera, where is does play in the other two. Neither setting (enabled or on-demand) will play Flash.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Upvote 0
I have still not found a browser that does not shut itself down when viewing the desktop version of cbssports.com - this goes for my Nexus or Prime, which makes me think it's a bug in ICS.
Opening the site seems to work just fine, signing into the site from the main page seems to be the problem.

I just tried it with Dolphin Mini (On my Nexus) and it shut down as well. I'll have to give it a try on my Prime when I get a chance.

Edit: Tried it again on my Prime and it stopped working as well. No luck yet with Boat, Boat Mini, Dolphin HD, Dolphin Mini, Dolphin Pad, ICS Browser + and the regular browser.
I've found my own work around, but it was quite frustrating testing all those browsers out for the same result in each one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones