1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support the call button won't work on my htc desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nippo, Sep 17, 2011.

1. nippo

nippo Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Hi,

Help!! My phone has gone a bit bonkers the last couple of days. When I try an make calls the green call button won't work. I've turned the phone off and on, taking out the battery etc but am reluctant to reset the factory setting because,I will lose a lot of stuff.
    When I do manage to get it working I might get through but it will suddenly call another person and put my current call on hold. Then cut both off.

It normally calls somebody that I might have attempted to call earlier (I think it is hanging). I can do everything else but make calls.

It's happened 3 times today and I couldn't call for about 30 mins yesterday. When I did replace the battery the clock went to 00:00 and the date went back to 1980. Slowly everything started to go back to normal and eventually I could make calls. I've deleted applications to free up memory.

The button regularly lag too. So if I'm typing a text the buttons don't react and then they all suddenly come up at once and catch up with me.

I don't want to buy another phone! Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    Try and find some backup app on the market (like "sms backup and restore" or "My backup"), make sure you've got everything backed up. "share my apps" will let you email your apps (or links to them) to your email account, so they are easy to reload.

Then factory reset, or even better, do a "hard reset". That is the only thing that might help.

But I really think that this is a hardware issue. Sounds like a warranty job!

Tags: