• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Case Thread post your case finds here!

I received mine last week. Love it other than what you noted. The same day it came they sent me an email (below, horrible grammar left intact!) saying that a replacement was on the way. Did you get that email?

The YouMee posted above looks identical as far as I can tell.

============
Dear Valuable Customers,

Thank you for purchasing Poetic HardBack Protective Case for the Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus. We have found there is slight problem on the case. The magnet inside the case is too strong to make case sleep while fold back the cover and hold like a book. Sorry about nothing seeing this problem while designing this product. Please keep the original one as backup, you don

Upvote 0
UK cases: My case arrived from Amazon this morning. For Brits looking for a case, given that there is a poor selection here I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Looks better quality than the price should reflect. Fits very well without problem. The stand function and auto on and off very useful. I also quite like the stylus given that I have very greasy fingers so my screen stays nice and clean. 10/10

Google Nexus 7 Tablet Case - Black Carbon Fibre Print: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Upvote 0
If you happen to have the original Samsung Galaxy Tab 7", I can confirm this case and keyboard combination works okay with the Nexus 7:

Sharon Premium Protective Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
41CKwqSXqZL.jpg
[/IMG]

The Nexus 7 sits slightly slow in the case,making the 'Home' button tricky to get to in horizontal orientation, and I've not figured out how to make the Android specific buttons on the keyboard work, but it's perfectly adequate until a Nexus 7 specific case & keyboard come along.

Upvote 0
My second case hasn't even shipped yet and you want to me buy #3? :D

Like I said, not a fan of the design (big hole), or the white stitching on a black case. I "like" the idea of portrait, but it's a very (very) low priority.
51jHGzWVkmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just realized they used a Google I/O N7, which is white, so the hole wouldn't be so noticeable with our black N7's.

Now if portrait was a high priority, I'd probably consider it, since there's not a lot of them out there.

It does have sleep/wake tho, which is cool. I think a lot of cases have done a quick redesign to add that. I really like that feature. That's one of my case requirements.

After seeing some of the posts regarding the customer service I chose to order one of these cases from Moku. I just received it yesterday and LOVE it. It does add some bulk to the device, but it has every feature I want/need. I really like the fact that it doesn't block the front of the device at all like some of the similar cases.

Upvote 0
I just received my Supcase (Brillotech through Amazon) today. I paid $9.99 + $4.99 on July 26, 2012, they shipped it from Southhaven, MS via USPS 1st Class on the 27th and it finally came today. I live in Virginia so I'm not really sure why it took so long to get here. It was packed in very minimal packing materials (see pics below).

It's a nice case and seems to do everything we need it to. Some people have complained about it turning off when the flap is opened all the way because the magnets are too strong, but mine doesn't do that. It's as thin as I think you could make it, smells like leather and looks sharp. Oh, and it was cheap :D

Pictures below
cafekampuchia-albums-cafekampuchia-s-screenshots-picture6583-supcase-inside.jpg
cafekampuchia-albums-cafekampuchia-s-screenshots-picture6584-supcase-corner-thickness.jpg
cafekampuchia-albums-cafekampuchia-s-screenshots-picture6585-packing-materials.jpg

Upvote 0
I just received my Supcase (Brillotech through Amazon) today. I paid $9.99 + $4.99 on July 26, 2012, they shipped it from Southhaven, MS via USPS 1st Class on the 27th and it finally came today. I live in Virginia so I'm not really sure why it took so long to get here. It was packed in very minimal packing materials (see pics below).

It's a nice case and seems to do everything we need it to. Some people have complained about it turning off when the flap is opened all the way because the magnets are too strong, but mine doesn't do that. It's as thin as I think you could make it, smells like leather and looks sharp. Oh, and it was cheap :D

Pictures below
cafekampuchia-albums-cafekampuchia-s-screenshots-picture6583-supcase-inside.jpg
cafekampuchia-albums-cafekampuchia-s-screenshots-picture6584-supcase-corner-thickness.jpg
cafekampuchia-albums-cafekampuchia-s-screenshots-picture6585-packing-materials.jpg

I ordered that one and waiting for it to arrive, the pictures don't show when I click the show button :(

Upvote 0
I wonder if half the cases with the magnet problem had the magnet upside down?

It would seem that they have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, even if they threw them in there randomly! :D

In the...case...of my rooCASE, I think they either got a bad batch of tiny magnets that lost their Gauss, or the magnet managed to shift out of position somehow, because the wake feature worked and then became sporadic and then pretty much stopped altogether on mine.

What actually triggers the device to turn on? Is there a magnet inside the device that connects a circuit or something?

There is a sensor known as a Hall Effect Sensor that detects magnetic fields that is used in devices like this and in many other applications too.

Magnets are cool.

Upvote 0
I wonder if half the cases with the magnet problem had the magnet upside down?

Back in the original videos where the discovery of the magnetic sensor was reported, they tried both sides and either side worked equally well, so I don't think that should be an issue.

In this teardown, Dave (the host) points out that the datasheet for the sensor chip used says it has a magnetometer which can be hooked to an external sensor. No doubt that is what they are using for the detection.

Reactions: SpungeWorthy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones