• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Case Thread post your case finds here!

**Update on Hipstreet Asus Google Nexus 7" Rotating Case - Hipstreet **

Well i received my tablet Thursday night and didn't waste time to slide it in the case. I'm a bit disappointed with it, nothing's perfect and this one needs work.

1- The tablet itself isn't heavy, but the case can only keep it standing in 2 of the 3 grooves in Landscape. In Portrait, first one is ok, the middle one is 50/50 at best (doesn't sit well in the groove because of the stylus holder that also rest on the edge of the case) and the last topples over.

2- The piece that makes the tablet swivel isn't tight enough, when you hold it in your hand (versus stand on a surface), it doesn't stick to the portrait position, it feels weak.

3- The stylus holder is weirdly placed, it's at the bottom of the case, right where the USB connector sits. So you need to pull it out each time charge or sync the tablet. Also i can't slide the stylus in the inside folds, it doesn't fit.

It's too bad cause the leather and suede combo works well. Gonna keep this as a stand when travelling, but for everyday use, i'll find something else.

Upvote 0
After reading many different reviews I believe this case is 1 of the best.

: Blurex Ultra-Slim Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet -- With built in Multi-Angle Stand: Computers & Accessories

Technical Details
Designed specifically for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet With cutouts to all ports
Protect and Secure your Google Nexus 7 Tablet by absorbing shock from accidental drops
Ultra thin and portable
Converts into multi-angle stand for added convenience
Built-in Sleep / Wake Feature --- Does not activate sleep mode when cover is flipped all the way back.

I found mine for 9.99 and I'm waiting for it in the mail now. :)

Upvote 0
Just checked dealcatcher. The deal is over. Story of my life. :rolleyes:

Let us know what you think of it when you get it. I'm particularly interested in how much the corner sections will pad a drop. It's only $14.99 normal price but I don't want to buy another if it's not what I really want. Not sure what I'd use my old one for......

Joe

Upvote 0
Poetic Element Aluminum TPU

Price- $15

81X6j5GDPlL._AA1500_.jpg

First Look- Poetic Element Aluminum Nexus 7 TPU Case - YouTube

Upvote 0
419KZydAT8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just got this one from Amazon. Only $9.99.

Its decent... better than spending $30 at Walmart. Screen protector is nice, the stylus is a piece of junk, as is the charger. But I didn't expect great quality for only $9.99. All made in China.

I'm pleased with it. The magnet works great, and it folds to the perfect angle.

*The stylus is cheap plastic that is hollow, but it does work just fine. I just feel like I'm going to break it...
I got this same case, but in purple, and I absolutely love it. It was less than $10 including shipping, and came with all those other items. It looks much more expensive than what I paid for it, and does everything I need it to do. There is no magnet issues here, the sleep/wake function works perfectly. I wouldn't buy a different case even if I had more money. Plus I like how it looks like a journal when closed, so I don't feel so paranoid about people stealing it while I am at school or on the bus. (I live in a bad part of Tucson). I totally recommend this case if you are looking for something affordable that does an above average job of protecting your n7. The stylus works great for me. I have not tried the car charger, but heard it doesn't work, I only take public transportation anyway. The screen protector is the same kind I use on my phones, and the ones I prefer. It takes a little to get it on without bubbles, but works great once you do.

Upvote 0
K, still did not get it, I guess in life we get what we pay for, lol, if you get a different one let me know

I guess we will have to look at the One Dana got above.

sorry to burst your bubble but this case sucks.
its cheap feeling, flimsy and it seems as if i were to drop it it wouldnt protect a thing. Least i only payed $8.99 for it.

Upvote 0
Do you have a link to the one you got.

I got this same case, but in purple, and I absolutely love it. It was less than $10 including shipping, and came with all those other items. It looks much more expensive than what I paid for it, and does everything I need it to do. There is no magnet issues here, the sleep/wake function works perfectly. I wouldn't buy a different case even if I had more money. Plus I like how it looks like a journal when closed, so I don't feel so paranoid about people stealing it while I am at school or on the bus. (I live in a bad part of Tucson). I totally recommend this case if you are looking for something affordable that does an above average job of protecting your n7. The stylus works great for me. I have not tried the car charger, but heard it doesn't work, I only take public transportation anyway. The screen protector is the same kind I use on my phones, and the ones I prefer. It takes a little to get it on without bubbles, but works great once you do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones