• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Case Thread post your case finds here!

That looks exactly like the one I bought from a different Amazon seller that represented it as being made by ASUS. Same photos too. The seller told me that Amazon was responsible for screwing up their ad so I notified Amazon that the seller may be misrepresenting their product.

But what I got didn't come with the strap that keeps the case closed. Is it connected to the case or separate?

Upvote 0
That looks exactly like the one I bought from a different Amazon seller that represented it as being made by ASUS. Same photos too. The seller told me that Amazon was responsible for screwing up their ad so I notified Amazon that the seller may be misrepresenting their product.

But what I got didn't come with the strap that keeps the case closed. Is it connected to the case or separate?

Yes, it's attached to the back flap (not detachable), and you pull the strap over to the front to keep it shut. Only one thing I don't like is that it makes the nexus 7 heavy. Part of the reason I wanted a Nexus was for the small slim and portable form-factor.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's attached to the back flap (not detachable), and you pull the strap over to the front to keep it shut. Only one thing I don't like is that it makes the nexus 7 heavy. Part of the reason I wanted a Nexus was for the small slim and portable form-factor.

Something's different then. What I have shows no indication of ever having an attached strap.

Does yours look like this?

IMG_20120911_140819.jpg

IMG_20120911_140835.jpg

IMG_20120911_140859.jpg

IMG_20120911_140911.jpg

Upvote 0
Really dissatisfied with the Poetic. It keeps dropping the Bluetooth signal whilst im typing. For the keyboard to work i have to have another wire connecting the case to the tab. Looks bulky and messy! The keyboard keys are also tiny and unresponsive when typing fast. Definitely not recommended!

Update for anyone interested.

I switched to the MOKO Slim cover case. Its the best case i've ever used on the a tablet. It feels really comfortable to hold and its not heavy or thick either.

Upvote 0
Something's different then. What I have shows no indication of ever having an attached strap.

Does yours look like this?

IMG_20120911_140819.jpg

IMG_20120911_140835.jpg

IMG_20120911_140859.jpg

IMG_20120911_140911.jpg

No yours looks different than mine, although MiniSuit makes one that looks similar to yours as well. The one I got looks exactly like the one from the video DonB posted, except the strap is on the back, not the front:

Here is the same one on eBay, I will post his video also, looks like it is coming from China, thus the reason why the other member said about a week to receive

360 ROTATING LEATHER CASE SMART COVER for ASUS GOOGLE NEXUS 7 +SCREEN PROTECTOR | eBay

On another note, how do you like yours, besides the whole strap issue? Seems like yours is a little thinner, and less material, so probably lighter too.

Upvote 0
Wow, that treegloo doesn't appear to cover any of the front at all. How is it doing that? Thanks for the pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The tablet sits flush with the frame. Nothing is covered.

There are rubber corners lining the interior of the frame. They hold it in very snug and secure. Turned it over and shook it(over a bed of course) and it didn't budge. I love this case!

Upvote 0
$T2eC16J,!)!E9s2fBWFYBQUDIp8zQ!~~60_1.JPG

Just got this in the mail today. 5 bucks shipped and couldn't be happier. There are two other designs with different grip patterns in the same price range but I'm very glad i went with this one it feels awesome. Feel much more in control playing Asphalt 7 with the added grip. Like the way it covers the silver bezel of the Nexus and makes it look all black. If you're not looking for the type of case with a cover and don't want to spend a lot these are awesome.

I just eBay'd mine but you can find these generic X cases through many places.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Design-TP...ablet_eReader_Accessories&hash=item4606281f3f

Upvote 0
Post link for others

Just got this in the mail today. 5 bucks shipped and couldn't be happier. There are two other designs with different grip patterns in the same price range but I'm very glad i went with this one it feels awesome. Feel much more in control playing Asphalt 7 with the added grip. Like the way it covers the silver bezel of the Nexus and makes it look all black. If you're not looking for the type of case with a cover and don't want to spend a lot these are awesome.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i just got a fintie case and it's just right. good fit and the price and bundle is a great deal. it's $10 but i had to pay through the nose at $13 just 3 days ago. Amazon.com: FINTIE (Black & Brown) Leather Folio Stand Case Cover (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Feature) for Google Asus Nexus 7 Inch Android Tablet with Free Screen Protector/Stylus/Cable Tie/USB Cable/Earphone Cord Winder: Electronics

here's a pic of mine. the stitching is fairly fine compared to the heavier stitching of many cases. and texture is a smooth pebble which i prefer to the pronounced pebble. sure feels like real leather(it is not). it has a kind of soft shine that you see in shoes. not bulky

nex7case.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it also a smart case. ??

i just got a fintie case and it's just right. good fit and the price and bundle is a great deal. it's $10 but i had to pay through the nose at $13 just 3 days ago. Amazon.com: FINTIE (Black & Brown) Leather Folio Stand Case Cover (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Feature) for Google Asus Nexus 7 Inch Android Tablet with Free Screen Protector/Stylus/Cable Tie/USB Cable/Earphone Cord Winder: Electronics

here's a pic of mine. the stitching is fairly fine compared to the heavier stitching of many cases. and texture is a smooth pebble which i prefer to the pronounced pebble. sure feels like real leather(it is not). it has a kind of soft shine that you see in shoes. not bulky

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Anyone tried to remove hand strap off Yomee, Moko, Poetic, Blurex cases?

I dont like it i think it puts to much pressure on lcd.

Thinking about getting tge same style but without damn hand strap. And btw sleep faction stopped working

Amazon.com: EXOTEK Premium Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case With Multi-Angle Stand For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Function) (Black): Electronics

sleep is convenient but it still drains battery. i think it makes a diff on the n7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones