1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips The Case Thread post your case finds here!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cammykool, Jul 6, 2012.

1. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Android Enthusiast

I need a case almost solely for the stand. I watch movies a lot on my N7 and would like to sometimes prop it on my nightstand. So i need a very functional, reliable stand. I like the look of that poetic a lot (especially the cool decals...where would one find those?) that theatheistreverend has posted. But i need the more upright stand position and i worry that the stand is a little low in that position, causing it to tip over easily. Is this an issue at all, or is it very stable in that position?

Advertisement

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

If you're in the market mainly for a stand, I'd say wait for the official dock. Should be very soon if not already available.

The poetic is stable in the high position if you aren't going to touch it and it is on a flat surface.

I posted some links to the decals I got earlier in the thread.

lightsleeper23 likes this.
  3. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

The large Android decal, is that the 6" one?

4. TheAtheistReverend

VIP Member

Yes, I believe it was.

thaKing likes this.
  5. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

So I've had my poetic case on for just a few hours....and it's waaaay better than the case I had before. I think I'm gonna like this one. :D

6. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

I won't be getting my Nexus 7 until tonight, but I picked up this case and already have it. I got the brown version.

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Google Nexus 7 Folio

I appreciate the irony of paying almost a third of the cost of the hardware for a case, but I wanted something well made and elegant to take to work contexts with people who are way above my pay grade. I've had Sena cases before and the workmanship and quality of the leather is top notch.

It does cover the bevel, which I know some people don't like, so just take note of that.

7. Del1701

Del1701 Android Enthusiast

8. paulbates

paulbates Android Enthusiast

Supcase was an unexpected gift for Christmas..simple, stand-up built in, great quality leather

9. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast

Goodness, there are a lot of case options! Thanks everyone

10. saltire

saltire Android Expert

So poetic case arrived this morning and is just what I was after in terms of protection. Well pleased with it. Just be aware of you're in UK and order through Amazon despite the name Poetic-uk it ships from the US so might take a while to arrive.

11. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

I bought one of these: Nillkin Folio Smart Wakeup Leather Case Guide for Google Nexus 7 16GB 8GB Asus | eBay

Perfect :)

12. viv1610

viv1610 Newbie

I was given this keyboard/case as a Xmas gift..just got it a week ago and tonight was the first time I've been able to pair it with my N7. Pairing went off without a hitch. But when I place the tablet in the groove as it is showing on the box, it locks my tablet..and swiping the lock only unlocks it for a split second and then it locks back up. If I turn the tablet around and set it in the groove there is no issue, except the the buttons are now inaccessible until I take it out of the groove. In other words, if I turn the tablet counterclockwise as shown in the pic it locks, but clockwise no issue except I can't reach the buttons
    Anyone know why it might be doing this?
    Going to try and attach the pics of the box to illustrate what I mean.

2013-01-24 19.43.09.jpg

2013-01-24 19.43.35.jpg

edited to attach pics

13. viv1610

viv1610 Newbie

It's the same case/keyboard that GingerRob's friend got. Has he had this problem/ issue? I dunno that it is a dealbreaker, just rather odd.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

14. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast

It's the poorly placed magnet inside the keyboard. It's located near the connect button. A little googling will show you how to remove it.

viv1610 likes this.
  15. Visa Declined

Visa Declined Newbie

I have multiple Nexus 7 cases, but the Seidio Active case is my favorite. The quality of this case is superb and the protection is unmatched. Snapping the cover into place allows me to throw the tablet into my messenger bag and head out without fear of something cracking my screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. lvt

lvt Android Expert

[​IMG]

I bought this case for my N7 but one day it falls from my car's rear seat to the parking surface and the lower right corner has some chips. So I ordered another transparent gel case and put them together, the combi works very nice for me, I feel much safer now. I think it's a good idea because the N7 is a bit loose in that case so the gel case just fills up all available spaces.

17. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Gel case in a leather case for best protection

[​IMG]

18. taz92

taz92 Member

I had the seidio case but just sent it back because it was a severe dust magnet. I'm now waiting for my portenzo composition case to arrive. They are expensive but nice.

19. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

I just bought the Google one and so far its nice...I know there are better ones out there but this one is not too shabby

20. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

i have the one from Google too. i thought it was going to be more of a gel case and less of a harder plastic case. i was really disappointed in Google and asus for manufacturing something so lacking in quality for THEE android device. i was not impressed a bit. that was a wast of $20 if you ask me :)

21. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

Yes but I needed one asap and it was either this or a pink one by someone else haha I chose wisely

22. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Hey its better than nothing tho. I was disappointed because I search high and low for that Google case for a while while they were out of stock and I got it for Christmas and now it sits on a shelf still in the package because I got a better one (for cheaper too)

23. Skyroket

Skyroket Android Enthusiast

I think im gonna get poetic slimline case. It looks pretty slim to me... Is it?

Ive got blurex ultraslim case. It is ok case but i need slimmer case.

24. TheAtheistReverend

VIP Member

It is quite slim. I posted pics earlier in the thread. I just took a look at the blurex ultraslim, and the poetic looks slimmer because of what looks like layers inside the blurex cover, and what looks like cushy padding on the blurex.

I also like how the poetic actually covers much more of the sides. It should distribute force to a wider area if dropped (I have dropped mine many times now, mostly onto oak hardwood floors and it is fine).

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine! I'm actually considering buying another in case I bust mine up or just want a new clean one someday.

25. GoodEnough

GoodEnough Well-Known Member

No chance I am paying $50 for a case for a $200 product.
    I am willing to spend like $10 max, and even that seems high.
    What are my Ebay options?