1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support The Cloud Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Miles of Lief, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Miles of Lief

Miles of Lief Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    When I was messing around with my galaxy tab, I came across a cloud button. Now for the life of me, I cannot find that button again. Can someone tell me where it is?

Also, I haven't started using the cloud - but I would like to (I think). Can you guys explain to me practical uses for it. It's basically just a place to store your data, right? What's the point of storing it on the cloud vs. just on your tab? One thing I would like to do is access old emails from my company exchange for reference when I'm in the field. But my exchange emails only go back two weeks. Could I somehow put these on the cloud so I can access stuff even up to a year old?

thanks

Advertisement

2. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Male
    security and surveillance and finance
    Windy City of Chicago
    The cloud is basically off-site data storage. It is only accessible when using internet so not very practical if you are not hooked up to a wifi. You can use the cloud to put music and streem it put important files and also work on them and never have them fill your local disk in this case your galaxy tab. It is not unusual that people will have a lot of apps and fill a lot of the storage of the tablet so what the cloud provides is nearly unlimited storage when connected to the internet. In your case i do not know how it would work with accessing microsoft outlook backup file since it is very specific to outlook you need to find if you can use the microsoft office in the cloud from your tab or some other app that would display the backup file for you to have access ro your old emails.

Hope this sheds some ligt on the cloud question!

3. cmcollins001

cmcollins001 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2010
    Excuse me if this sounds like a "duh" question, but have you gone into your email settings and set the amount of sync to a higher time frame? I have mine to sync for 1 month, but you can change it to All if you want to sync all your emails. There are other email clients, like Touchdown, that may better suit your needs then the stock email client.

As far as a "cloud" button, I've looked on my tab and I can't find it, so I don't know how to help with that. The only thing I have found that is listed as "cloud" is the google cloud print app.

4. RobDickson

RobDickson Android Enthusiast
    None

I don't have a Google Cloud Print on my Tab. Do you mean the Cloud Print app by Paulo Fernandes, or is there actually a Google one I can't find? The Cloud Print app looks good, I'd been meaning to look for something like it, but hadn't got around to it.

I find Cloud access works well over 3G as well as over wi-fi.