• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The cover flow-esqueness not such a sight to Behold

shawn1224

Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
Dec 10, 2009
Houston, TX
I recently downloaded album art grabber from market to get all my album covers updated but now when I put the phone in landscape mode to flick through the slick album cover flow feature, I get a force close on the music player application.

It acts as if it's overloaded with information and can't handle all the album work. I have around 127 songs and when I didn't have most of the album art I never had a problem scrolling through before. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

No other music player offers the customization that Samsung has done ( custom music settings , graphic Eq ) and will never be better till they can offer these or more. Shawn To stop some of the lag , go to Samsung's settings menu >phone setting >vibration feedback and set it to 0 then save , this should help a lil....

Upvote 0
Did you try going into manage applications and clearing the data or cache , being that you added new art the music app might need to be re_cached...

That makes sense as using the photo viewer, on the very first run it takes a while going though all the photos I had, building thumbnails, etc. Running it again and there isnt as long a lag. Since you used an app on the phone to update the existing music files, the music player might be freaking out finding what it thinks is there and was is there different.

I wonder what would happen if you moved all your music(now that is has the album art) off the phone, and copy it back. Though the same effect may happen by clearing the cache.

Upvote 0
That makes sense as using the photo viewer, on the very first run it takes a while going though all the photos I had, building thumbnails, etc. Running it again and there isnt as long a lag. Since you used an app on the phone to update the existing music files, the music player might be freaking out finding what it thinks is there and was is there different.

I wonder what would happen if you moved all your music(now that is has the album art) off the phone, and copy it back. Though the same effect may happen by clearing the cache.

Well I did try to put all my music back on the 1st time it happened and it erased everything I updated. I didn't get a force close bit at the expense of having no album art.

I'll try Dan's suggestion of clearing the cache and see If that helps any.

Upvote 0
Hey it seems like the app that your using might be taging the songs wrongly or something , if you wanna tag your collection , you can use mp3 toys , you can get it on CNET.com .. its a 30 day trial but its enough to tag your collection . Then just use WM player to sync to your device , and everything will be all set , the art is embedded into your music ......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones