1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

The desktop clock does not know my location

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Rudinater, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Rudinater

Rudinater Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2010
    Road Warrior
    Homeless
    Hello.

I have had my HTC Evo phone for about a year now. The stock/standard desktop clock has always shown my current location along with the weather data. I travel alot and it always shows my new location. However I have traveled to LA and now it's not showing any location at all. It just states "My Location" under then time.

I know LA and S. CA. can be a little strange and of the map, but it should still show up as a location:rolleyes:

Anyway I can get the correct location to show up again.

Thanks
    Rudy

Advertisement

2. eyebeam

eyebeam Android Expert
    None

Have you tried deleting the clock widget (long press and drag to the garbage at the bottom) and then re-adding it?

Rudinater likes this.
  3. Rudinater

Rudinater Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2010
    Road Warrior
    Homeless
    While the deleting and readding it self did not fix the problem. When I did it the 2nd time it took me into a setting screen where I could set my location and now it's working.

Not sure why I had to manually set it this time. I fly all over the country and it has always updated in the past with no problems.

4. kamil99

kamil99 Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    i've had this issue lately, and i figured out that the tower in my area is messed up and filed a trouble ticket with t-mobile about it. i have no 3g/4g download coverage at home and the app doesn't track my location, but upload works fine. However, when i drive down the road and pick up a different tower a few towns over, everything works well. this is through t-mobile.
    it's worth a shot to check that out. You might be checking it in spots with gaps in coverage.

also, hello. i'm kamil. this is my first post.