• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The dreaded "Invalid Credentials" for email

bugger

Jun 19, 2010
Florida
Yesterday I sent and email from my phone (live.com account) throught the stock email app and noticed it didn't go through. I did a couple of test and nothing. I removed the account and then put it back on and I could get stuff to send but it would take a little longer. This morning I woke up and got that may live.com acct was not working and I need authentication. When I typed the password it gave me invalid credentials and would not work. I went to remove it and got the same thing. Is there anything I can do other then a factory reset. I have customized my phone, apps, ringtones, etc... and would hate to have to do it all over again.

I have a droid razr maxx. No problems receiving emails, it was only sending. now I can't do either.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a noob (with this being my first actual post) and I'm having the exact same issue. After doing some searching, it seems common and after spending hours "configuring" my Razr (my first ever android phone), I'd hate to reset everything back to the way it was out of the box. That being said, I didn't realize that it "stock" email software wasn't the only way to send/recieve emails, so I've since install the gmail and yahoo apps that seems to do a quick and reliable enough job (though nothing like my Blackberries).

Anyways my question is, I still have an @bellsouth.net email that has to use the stock email software, or is there another way?

Upvote 0
I'm a noob (with this being my first actual post) and I'm having the exact same issue. After doing some searching, it seems common and after spending hours "configuring" my Razr (my first ever android phone), I'd hate to reset everything back to the way it was out of the box. That being said, I didn't realize that it "stock" email software wasn't the only way to send/recieve emails, so I've since install the gmail and yahoo apps that seems to do a quick and reliable enough job (though nothing like my Blackberries).

Anyways my question is, I still have an @bellsouth.net email that has to use the stock email software, or is there another way?
Yep. I too developed this problem yesterday on a 2 week old phone. I'm pretty disappointed that something like this has happend but I'm hoping that the ICS update will fix it. In the meantime, there are a few other mail options out there but K-9 mail seems to be the heavy favorite and its free. I just installed it yesterday and it will work for me. I'm not big on the interface but it is powerful and the best part .... it works, unlike the stock app.

Upvote 0
My wife and I both have the same phone. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I went ahead and did a reset and everything has been working fine so far. With my wife's phone I just went ahead and created a new email connection and used the 'other' option instead of setting up as Yahoo. It doesn't even try to use her old email connection because it doesn't work and so far the new connection is working fine for her on ICS stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones