• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The DROID X sounds great. How is the PHONE?

lavender

Lurker
Jul 9, 2010
Does anyone know (reviewers out there?) how the Droid X will be as a phone? I REALLY want one - But I don't want to be locked into a phone that is a bad cell phone! I have the BB storm 1 and it has been terrible for quite a while- even after upgrqading to os 5 whatever. 2 to 3 bars right in the city. My Krazor got great reception. thanks

This is one of the things motorola has always gotten right - the phone part. Whenever my old iphone couldn't get signal, i'd pop my sim into my old beat up razr and finally be able to make and receive calls. And after like 6 yrs, my razr still works!

The droid x has a diversity antenna system. There is a network of antennas that goes from the bottom of the phone to the hump at the top to deliver the best signal nomatter how you hold your phone. I'm lookin at you steve jobs!

And the 3 microphone thingy is pretty sweet too...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones