• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The EVO Multitasks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you download bad apps from google's market your battery drains, your personal info gets compromised, you get force closes all the time, yada yada yada....

does this need to become another useless apple vs android thread?

Or maybe some of us are grown ups and we don't need an overlord to make our decisions for us. Let us make the choice, and its been proven time and time again apples approval processis arbitrary at best.

Upvote 0
I'm not being an overlord. It just gets old when the mention of apple turns threads into a "vs iphone" thread and taking digs at it. Maybe if you were grown ups you wouldn't feel the need to make the dig and turn the thread into another useless comparison/bashing thread.

Anyone here actually care about Apple's approval process and how it relates to multitasking in android? I mean they do go hand in hand, no?

Upvote 0
I'm not being an overlord. It just gets old when the mention of apple turns threads into a "vs iphone" thread and taking digs at it. Maybe if you were grown ups you wouldn't feel the need to make the dig and turn the thread into another useless comparison/bashing thread.

When you're in a thread about multitasking, and the discussion turns to sources of apps that multitask, what do you expect?

Anyone here actually care about Apple's approval process and how it relates to multitasking in android? I mean they do go hand in hand, no?

I care about it in so much as that, as a user, I care about apps that I want being available to me without the overlord saying I can't have them because they don't suit his needs.

Upvote 0
why would I expect it to turn into iphone bashing? are we that insecure about our purchases? Can't make a comparison without bringing all the baggage into it? And android is perfect? If I really wanted "perfect" in the multitasking department, I'd still be using my Pre.

And I didn't realize people in this thread were trying to sell you an iphone. I thought they were just making a comparison of how they multitask comparatively and explaining how the one person was wrong in their assumption of how iOS multitasks.

Besides, I bet iOS is more accurate in taking me back to the place I left off with their dehydration/hydration method compared to Android. In Android it's always a crapshoot if I go back to the email I was typing, the account I was in, the text message I was typing and so on. It's consistent maybe 70% of the time. Doesn't mean I'm about to go buy an iphone.

Upvote 0
why would I expect it to turn into iphone bashing? are we that insecure about our purchases? Can't make a comparison without bringing all the baggage into it? And android is perfect? If I really wanted "perfect" in the multitasking department, I'd still be using my Pre.

And I didn't realize people in this thread were trying to sell you an iphone. I thought they were just making a comparison of how they multitask comparatively and explaining how the one person was wrong in their assumption of how iOS multitasks.

Besides, I bet iOS is more accurate in taking me back to the place I left off with their dehydration/hydration method compared to Android. In Android it's always a crapshoot if I go back to the email I was typing, the account I was in, the text message I was typing and so on. It's consistent maybe 70% of the time. Doesn't mean I'm about to go buy an iphone.

I don't have that problem with mine... my moment goes back exactly where I left it.. unless the app is closed if extra memory is needed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones