1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support The front camera?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kraized, May 4, 2011.

1. kraized

kraized Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    What do you use it for besides two-megapixel pics? Is there a video chat option like FaceTime on iPhone 4?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2009
    Guru
    Ipswich
    Videochat has just been added to google talk, or google voice, cant remember which. So you can video chat with other people on android phones with a front facing camera as well. Unfortunately it doesnt work on phones without the front facing camera (you would have though they would have made it one way, or allowed you to sit with a mirror behind the phone :p)

3. sleeco

sleeco Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    Leeds UK.
    You can also make a recording of yourself via front cam.

4. bogdanrs

bogdanrs Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    Greeting
    I try to find settings for the front camera, because I can not use it for Messenger videocall. Can someone help me pls

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

@bogdanrs, wat app are u referring to? if ur referring to yahoo messenger (its simple titled messenger in my app drawer so i assume u mean that) it does not support front facing camera last time i checked.

and @OP, yes, many apps now include video chat that extend beyond wat facetime can do. google video talk should be active soon, on android 2.3.4 (still not yet active on the current official firmware but hopefully soon), skype now supports video calling.. tango supports video calling.. all good uses for ur front cam. it all works on 3g + wifi, and u can connect to skype/google talk users on computers as well as mobiles...tango is coming up with a desktop app too

and also, like someone else said, u can use it to make recordings of urself :D i love the quality of the front facing camera, my friends desire S has crap quality when i video call with her..

bogdanrs likes this.
  6. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    You can now make Skype video calls with it as long as you upgrade swype. You can also take photos and videos...or use it as a mirror ;-)