• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The front camera?

Videochat has just been added to google talk, or google voice, cant remember which. So you can video chat with other people on android phones with a front facing camera as well. Unfortunately it doesnt work on phones without the front facing camera (you would have though they would have made it one way, or allowed you to sit with a mirror behind the phone :p)

Upvote 0
@bogdanrs, wat app are u referring to? if ur referring to yahoo messenger (its simple titled messenger in my app drawer so i assume u mean that) it does not support front facing camera last time i checked.

and @OP, yes, many apps now include video chat that extend beyond wat facetime can do. google video talk should be active soon, on android 2.3.4 (still not yet active on the current official firmware but hopefully soon), skype now supports video calling.. tango supports video calling.. all good uses for ur front cam. it all works on 3g + wifi, and u can connect to skype/google talk users on computers as well as mobiles...tango is coming up with a desktop app too

and also, like someone else said, u can use it to make recordings of urself :D i love the quality of the front facing camera, my friends desire S has crap quality when i video call with her..

Reactions: bogdanrs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones