• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Gun Law Discussion

What is disgusting about that is those same people (Hollywood) make absurd amounts of money, glorifying guns and gun violence in their movies! Are you listening Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Daniel Craig, etc, etc, etc....?

You know, I never thought of that. You are correct. Lots of violence on the big screen and the little one. Hollywood loves to tell us what they demand we do all the while doing exactly what they tell us not to do.

I do wonder if these luminaries would love it if we stopped renting and buying and downloading their films based on the ideas that violence on the screen translates to violence in the street, home and school?

If nobody viewed Pitt's films, would Pitt decide guns are A-OK?

Yes, would be the correct answer.

No, my view is that violence on the screen does not really cause issues. Violence has been going down for the last twenty years or so, according to the stats.

Upvote 0
And to further Bob's point, listen very carefully to the people who support anti gun politicians, the people who have nothing to lose, politically. They are quite clear and emphatic in what they say...NO GUNS!!

What is disgusting about that is those same people (Hollywood) make absurd amounts of money, glorifying guns and gun violence in their movies! Are you listening Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Daniel Craig, etc, etc, etc....?

I don't know about all those, but I do know that Brad Pitt is actually very pro gun. Him and Angelina own a lot of firearms and shoot all the time at their range they have at their house.

The problem is the ones that do support our rights don't actively speak to that support the way the nut job anti gun stars do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones