• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Hero is slow?

Ok, today is the 2nd day I have really played around with one and I dont know how people can call it "slow". Reminds me of before I got my Touch Pro hearing people saying that was slow. never had an issue with it in a year aside from text messages lagging a bit while typing, thats it.

When people say the Hero is "slow", are they talking about having to wait 20 seconds for a website page with alot of graphics to load? That could be the network, not the phone to begin with. Are they talking about having to wait maybe a few seconds for an app to load up? Are people that insane that they expect everything to happen as soon as they press the button? I have a feeling most of these kids never had to use a pay phone or deal with some of the very first cell phones ever :rolleyes:

I even saw a Youtube video where some guy bogged the Hero down with a bunch of things running at once and it still responded pretty well. Who really needs 10-15 things running at once? Maybe the same people who turn on every light in there house and then have the radio, TV and internet going on the same time? :)

Expectations have become so unrealistic that people are just never happy with the performance of even the best devices.

I think many are overly critical of the Hero. It's a great device and very fast, but people always will want it to go faster.

I'm very happy with mine.

+1!! People sometimes forget this is a phone. Even though it's a smart phone (notice the word phone after smart) I think the hero is awesome. It all really depends on what you are running when it comes to performance though.

Upvote 0
When you go from a slow phone to a new fast device, you'll expect the same from the new device..

I had Nextel phones since 99! and that's because of the line of work I do..

Trust me...Owning a HTC Hero has been the best gadget I've gotten for myself ..

I love my phone and everyone that comes across it...they love it..

few of my friends and family are now owners of Hero's as well...:D

Upvote 0
Yes some people expect to poke their finger and have instant gratification. I believe that is unrealistic but I can understand the allure. My Hero has went above and beyond my expectations. It continues to amaze me and I learn something new almost everyday. It does slow down from time to time but nothing that frustrates me to the point of complaining about it.
This has been the best phone I have ever owned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones