• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The HTC EVO 4G off-topic Banter thread

drksilenc

Android Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2010
Pittsburgh area
ok guys this is the place where we can talk about random stuff about the evo and not get ts and the other mods steamed again i alrdy oked it with ts and bill so we can talk all the bs about the evo over here and keep the offical one about hardcore fact... plz no one post any oczar guide posts in here it will make me hulk smash my kb

ok guys this is the place where we can talk about random stuff about the evo and not get ts and the other mods steamed again i alrdy oked it with ts and bill so we can talk all the bs about the evo over here and keep the offical one about hardcore fact... plz no one post any oczar guide posts in here it will make me hulk smash my kb

If I post a link will you take a picture of the hulk smash and post it? :D

On to the EVO...

I'm looking forward to this phone as much as the next nerd, but I have to ask, is it really that great? Yes, it is a game changer, but there are a lot of sweet phones coming out this year. I keep seeing people saying they're going to drop their Heros, moments, and droids for it. These phones all came out less than a year ago so they will obviously be paying full price or early term fees. Why not wait until later in the year, have more options, and save money? Also, 4G isn't coming to more markets until later in the year and sprint has said they're going to have a lot of 4G phones coming out later this year too.

Obviously for those that are not under contract or are up for an upgrade it's a great option. I have a hero myself and will have a hard time waiting, but I think it will be worth waiting in the end. Even if that end is still getting the EVO.

Upvote 0
Soooo... should I make a post with Ozcar's last dozen or so "breaking news?"

e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif

Upvote 0
These phones all came out less than a year ago so they will obviously be paying full price or early term fees. Why not wait until later in the year, have more options, and save money?

I'm paying 3 months worth of early term fees to AT&T, but the early term fees are prorated, so it won't be much money, and my Sprint bill will be about $20/month cheaper, so even that money will be made up in about 2 months or less. Win win.

Honestly, I'd pay the full term fee just to get off of AT&T. Especially with the 3G iPads about to get on the network.

Upvote 0
Woohooo!!!! Thank you for this thread, the other one was getting too stuffy!!!
There is always plenty of open air in Banlandia, never stuffy. :D

Soooo... should I make a post with Ozcar's last dozen or so "breaking news?"

e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif
Personally, if I were in charge and a mod, I would immediately lock any and all future Ozcar linked threads that pop up, with a canned message saying why. That, and/or put up a locked sticky thread stating NOT to post links from that bloody site as the thread title, then a single simple post inside discussing why.
But if we did that, what else would you guys talk about. :p

TS out (hiding from the crowd)

Reactions: kritzell
Upvote 0
There is always plenty of open air in Banlandia, never stuffy. :D

But if we did that, what else would you guys talk about. :p

TS out (hiding from the crowd)

Gracias TS, for updating the thread title appropriately.

Now, to make sure that at least one antic from the other night's drama is not forgotten...

Mickey Mouse Uses An HTC Evo!

mickey_evo.png

Reactions: kritzell
Upvote 0
i think the official thread should only allow informative posts, especially by jackson, eieio, and...um...that other guy. or really, only posts with info on the evo or plans and pricing.

on another note, i need the evo asap. my current phone is doing funky things with the battery. like randomly overheating as if something is causing it to use the cpu to the extreme or short circuit the battery. this leaves my battery that was either full or with a decent charge to low battery levels. hopefully it won't burst into flames near my crotch.

so yea, why bother buying a new battery (if that's the problem) and just get a new phone instead? please release the evo already!

i think for every droid incredible sold is another evo sale lost. not that many people are willing to pay etf's ya know?

Upvote 0
"Do you think it's bad because they would be competing with the iphone or b/c they're not competing with the incredible? "

Both because the Inc has gone to market and stolen a lot of potential customers, you've sacraficed your current customers and last you are placing all you hopes on stealing customers away from the i-phone.

Let me be clear I like Sprint and have been a customer for 10+ years. But they are making really hard to remain a customer. They have good service, pricing and plans but they are missing the boat entirely on the hardware and marketing sides of the business. All they have to do is get customers to try them out they will stay.

Upvote 0
"Do you think it's bad because they would be competing with the iphone or b/c they're not competing with the incredible? "

Both because the Inc has gone to market and stolen a lot of potential customers, you've sacraficed your current customers and last you are placing all you hopes on stealing customers away from the i-phone.

Let me be clear I like Sprint and have been a customer for 10+ years. But they are making really hard to remain a customer. They have good service, pricing and plans but they are missing the boat entirely on the hardware and marketing sides of the business. All they have to do is get customers to try them out they will stay.

I agree completely with that last paragraph. I was with sprint for a while, had to switch to nextel for work, and now am back with sprint. I've never had a problem with phone service or customer service (I may have been with nextel during the dark years) but, ever since I started with sprint I've felt like my phones have alwasy been inferior to my friends phones. I think the EVO will change that.

I'm jsut not sure sprint wants to go head tohead with any good smart phones. By waiting they can let the incredible hype die off and get customers before the new iphone comes out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones