• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The I got 2.2 from T-mo Thread ...

how do i get the firmware 2.2.1 that the mytouch 4g uses onto my mytouch 3g slide which runs 2.1 update 1. is there an update that t-mobile has sent out? i am trying to view movies on my slide and it will not open, i put the same movie on the 4g which the wife owns and it works perfect.
I don't think it works that way... The software has to be built for the phone specifically. You could try rooting and try the 'stock' 2.2 'update' that was 'leaked'.
This link could help maybe - it has some of the t-mobile bloatware removed too.

Upvote 0
I don't think it works that way... The software has to be built for the phone specifically. You could try rooting and try the 'stock' 2.2 'update' that was 'leaked'.
This link could help maybe - it has some of the t-mobile bloatware removed too.

Or this link.

That's the one I use

Just unzip it and remove the bloatware you don't want and rezip it :)

Upvote 0
So, its March now. Still no official OTA... My 2nd Slide has started to get dust under the screen, time to call and complain to T-Mobile...
So, I called t-mobile cs and they said they can't do anything about the dust under the screen. Really!? Lame. Do I have to wait for it to get really bad, then they will do something about it?

Upvote 0
I came from Samsung to Tmobile because I thought that may THEY would at least support their NEWEST phone atm.

Yeah but it's not their newest "tmo" phone...the mytouch 4g is;) and we (4g owners) have already gotten an android os update (2.2 - 2.2.1) not just a stupid tmo MR update. I have little doubt it'll also get up to gingerbread, but I don't really care about 2.3.x. It brings nothing to the table but a fugly UI and NFC compatibility and I will never use that.

Upvote 0
So I call T-Mobile for one things.. then ask them about the 2.2 Update.. As always they are super nice on the phone.. They girl puts me on hold for a while and tell me. That the updates started going out already.. and I should have mine with in the next few weeks...

I wanted to say something.. it might have made her cry but she was so damn nice on the phone...

I hate you t-mobile.. why don't they just put this update on their site so we can just pull it..

Upvote 0
So I call T-Mobile for one things.. then ask them about the 2.2 Update.. As always they are super nice on the phone.. They girl puts me on hold for a while and tell me. That the updates started going out already.. and I should have mine with in the next few weeks...
I haven't seen or heard anything official from T-Mobile saying they are rolling out the update...
I went into a T-Mobile store the other day and the guy there was like - yeah the only way you are going to get 2.2 on that phone is to root it... (maybe he meant the only way right now, but the way he said it sounded like he meant the only way ever)

Upvote 0
I haven't seen or heard anything official from T-Mobile saying they are rolling out the update...
I went into a T-Mobile store the other day and the guy there was like - yeah the only way you are going to get 2.2 on that phone is to root it... (maybe he meant the only way right now, but the way he said it sounded like he meant the only way ever)

I would say it will be released eventually.

The CR MOD is a leaked version of the update and runs flawlessly with the only issue being memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones