1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The "I Got Mine!" and First Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Aug 20, 2018.

1. PrinceOfDorne

PrinceOfDorne Well-Known Member

I've been using mine as my daily driver for 8 days now. Never been so impressed by a smartphone.

Rudedawg and The_Chief like this.
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

It's ironic that all the tech sources that were whining, just 6 weeks ago, that the Note9 is a boring repeat of the Note8 with a couple of upgrades... are the same ones that are now gushing over it as the $1000 phone that is actually worth the money...

Torrid and james27007 like this.
  3. gemmydn

gemmydn Member

I just got my note 9 over the holiday weekend and I love it. I took a picture but I wasn't that impressed still I realized it was set to lower setting. I still have to try it at the highest setting but I haven't yet.

The_Chief likes this.
  4. The_Chief

Just keep in mind that maximum resolution will be in a 4:3 aspect, and not the 16:9 widescreen. There are only so many pixels - to get the sharpest image, the camera has to crunch them into a smaller area.

5. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Android Expert

I picked up mine yesterday and yes my S pen is yellow, doesn't really seem to bother me yet.

dontpanicbobby and The_Chief like this.
  6. The_Chief

I don't even think about the color. In fact, it's kinda cool because everyone who sees it is like, 'oh wow, that's the new Note9, isn't it?'

7. sethgoldstein

sethgoldstein Well-Known Member

Getting mine in two days. Can't wait!

The_Chief likes this.
  8. fmariea

fmariea Newbie

I've had mine since release day. I did not like the color options but I couldn't so violet so I was stuck with the blue. I love blue but the obnoxiously yellow pen really bothered me. I'm used to it now. Just wish the pen was blue like the violet phone has a violet pen. Who was in charge of these color options? No black? What is going on....

9. TrueFangz

TrueFangz Android Enthusiast

Definitely agree with you on all aspects. And... wait for it...
    https://www.droid-life.com/2018/09/27/galaxy-note9-black-silver/

Yup. (Insert middle finger emoji here)

10. The_Chief

Seriously! Thanks for screwing your early customers, Samsung! NOW you release the colors we want!

GRRRRR!

Torrid, fmariea and TrueFangz like this.
  11. fmariea

fmariea Newbie

12. fmariea

fmariea Newbie

13. 12PKWILLUS

12PKWILLUS Well-Known Member

Talking about pen colors, see Samsung has the Note 9 in Midnight black and silver now. I had my wife order the silver, so we can swap. And it has a silver pen, what a concept!!!! She gets the Blue with ugly yellow pen...... :D

14. Torrid

Torrid Android Enthusiast

My thoughts exactly!

15. The_Chief

There is one good thing about the Ocean Blue Note9 with the yellow S Pen:

EVERYBODY knows what it is.

I was recently hospitalized (much better now, thank you) and carried my phone with me to the various Xrays, CT scans and MRIs so I could keep family updated. I don't think I was able to get through any of them without someone asking "Hey, is that the new Note?" followed up with "do you like it?" So here I am, ready to freaking DIE, feebly trying to explain the features of my phone.

Seriously, Samsung, you need to throw a little finder's fee or commission my way for selling Note9s while at death's door. Just sayin'...

:p

16. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Android Enthusiast

Glad I waited to upgrade. Was ready to do so back when it 1st came out but the color combo sucked so I got an S9+. They finally came out with black which is my pref. Have only had it 2 days now so I can't review the phone but what I can say coming from the Note series since the 3, no regrets at all.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  17. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Android Enthusiast

On this subject I had a set of the AKG in ear headphones from my S9+ and never gave them a 1st look. Compared to Bose that I also have as well as Samsung's own Gear IconX wireless these AKG's sound amazing. Got another set of the exact same with my Note. Quality sound in such a small package is in my opinion "priceless" .. wait, oh yeah can't get any more priceless than free ehh? :D

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews