• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The I still haven't gotten my 2.2 OTA yet!

Am I the only one that hasn't gotten the 2.2 OTA yet? Have they stopped doing the OTA due to bugs or something? What's going on? Who else hasn't gotten theirs yet?

Don't fret, they are still pushing the updates according to others who have posted (the timeline was supposedly 08/03 through 08/13). It took about that same length of time to push out 2.1 back in early April so this isn't a surprise.

I also have not yet received 2.2, even though I was in the very first batch to receive 2.1 back on 03/31 in the early AM. The order is pretty much random so don't get too worked up.

Plus, if you haven't received it or forced it yet, you may not have to put up with all of the bugs the early adopters are reportedly dealing with.

Upvote 0
I've been informed that's the update is still rolling out as scheduled, from 8/3 to 8/13. If you don't want to wait, you could root or just force the update. Your call. Its important to remember though that even after the update FRG01B there will be another additional update title FRG22 which will patch the issues that FRG01B appear to be having. Bear in mind that it took the nexus one 2-3 tries to get froyo right.

Upvote 0
so i read the other sticky that says to get the 'fixed' update you need to have the 'first' update. vzw is going to be sending out 2 updates then, correct. I would have assumed that those who haven't gotten the first yet would just get the second, a fixed version and not need to install 2. Which is correct?

Upvote 0
so i read the other sticky that says to get the 'fixed' update you need to have the 'first' update. vzw is going to be sending out 2 updates then, correct. I would have assumed that those who haven't gotten the first yet would just get the second, a fixed version and not need to install 2. Which is correct?

I don't think that this is true. Why would Verizon send out crappy 2.2(1) and then 2.2(2)? When they can just send out just 2.2(2) OTA for those that never got the first one?

Upvote 0
I just like having a clean install when upgrading.... I dont see what data you really lose... its not like the old WM phones where you lose everything on a flash... With the Androids you just log back into Google and Facebook and its mostly all back... The 2.2 even reinstalled my apps when it was done...
It's the things that Google doesn't save for you that you lose forever if you do a factory reset (like all of my vehicle fuel and service records that I keep in aCar). For you it might not be a big deal, but for most not getting that data back is a deal breaker. Even for those of us who are on ROM crack hahaha.

Upvote 0
Sorry, But "Who Cares!" You get it, when you get it. I can't believe how many get concerned about this. Cheer when you get it, not moan because you haven't yet!

Quite a number of people are excited about getting the update. No need to put anyone down just because they want the update. Sure, they can manually update but some people aren't tech savvy or just prefer OTA for whatever reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones