• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Indian G2

hey wasn't sure where to post it but you ought to check it out..

eBay India: SCIPHONE G2 WIFI INTERNET GOOGLE ANDROID JAVA 16GB PDA (item 180355713853 end time 16-May-2009 11:00:00 IST)

Click on the link to checkout this new SCIPHONE G2 Android phone..

so what do you guys think, worth a try??

Cheers
Sid

Nope. It's a clone. Stylus driven.

Looks like they did a good job of coping the interface pretty well, but, let me ask you something..

What's the point in ripping off an open source OS? LOL

Only reason, the touch screen is stylus driven.

Upvote 0
Last year (as a joke against one of my colleagues who is an apple fanboy) i purchased a CECT P168 IPhone clone (SCIPHONE did several as well). They did "almost" manage to mimick the look but the worst thing was the OS. In my case, it was not at all possible to install software on the phone (later models allowed j2me). It was a totally locked system and also very slow (cpu wise). The only advantage was that it was equipped with two sim-slots.

When i searched for this g2-clone, some of the results said that it would indeed run Android (but i wouldn't bet on it). But if it sells fairly cheap, someone could try it and write here perhaps....?

found the specs for it:

Built-in WiFi, free access to Internet with high speed
•ARM9 processor, 208MHz system clock
•Slim/ Flat Touch Screen
•Thin, simple and humanized design
•Google Android User interface
•EDGE 2.75G high-speed network
•Built-in Opera and UCWEB mobile browser, convenience to the Internet
•Supports MSN, QQ, ICQ, Google talk and other IM software
•Pictures and movies will be automatically rotated to proper directions
when rotating the phone
•Support Google Mobile functions- Google Maps, Google search, Google Talk, Google Mail, Google sms,Google -411, Google Blogger, Google Calendar,
Google web albums, Google Notebook, Google reader, Google Docs, Google news,iGoogle

Kind regards

Daniel

Upvote 0
Well, I was shopping on ebay for a phone I could get to develop android apps on. I found this thing called the CECT G1.

CECT G1 Review

Some sites say it works off android, others say it's a rip-off, though I'm suspecting it's a rip-off too.

But why clone android?? Just dumb if you ask me. Unless Google asks for royalties from manufacturers that sell their phones with Android pre-loaded.

Thing is, I thought we could flash android onto any phone we like? Maybe I got the wrong idea. Well, if I bought this thing, could I flash android onto it instead of the gimmik OS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones