• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The "Insufficient Storage" Problem

I pretty much use X-Plore exclusively these days.

+1 to that, Brian!

Also, I picked-up and use Solid Explorer

My old stand-bys were originally Astro File Manager (but they bloated it up and made it nigh unusable) and then ES File Explorer (dumped, for the reasons you cited -- I'll not re-list the reasons for dumping that app since they're easily found via search and in the Play Store comments for the app; if they've fixed their issues, it's much too late to re-earn my trust).

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0
In the playstore app page, is there a way to view one star rating only?

After clicking the right arrow > on the first review page, I sort by selecting [Rating], it shows me 5 stars reviews first and it will take me forever to click the right arrow > multiple times to reach the lower stars. Unable to reach the 1 star reviews since it will take a long time to click too many times.

Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, @Hayk94.

You say your device does NOT have an external SD card? If so, then the root methods for moving/extending internal storage to external don't really apply.

You've got 13 GB of free space on your internal storage area and you're having the "insufficient storage" issue?

If so, can you install the Storage Truth app (very small footprint) and post the results back here?

Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, @Hayk94.

You say your device does NOT have an external SD card? If so, then the root methods for moving/extending internal storage to external don't really apply.

You've got 13 GB of free space on your internal storage area and you're having the "insufficient storage" issue?

If so, can you install the Storage Truth app (very small footprint) and post the results back here?

Thank you.
Had to uninstall a handful of apps to install the storage truth, lol.
My phone kinda has 2 storages. One is the internal storage for apps and a general storage for media. The internal one is around 4gb and the other one is around 14gb. Here take a look at the screenshots of storage truth and my storage settings.
https://goo.gl/photos/6N2hzYEEJHzF1B339
So I wonder is it possible to make that other storage act like an internal storage as well?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thank you, @Hayk94 :).

I'm not all familiar with your particular device or how it's implementing the secondary area of storage that's neither traditionally internal (i.e., for your operating system and emulated "SD card" (i.e., part of the /data partition)) or removable like the secondary "external" storage usually is.

Does your device have a more common, widely-known name other than "OUSHENG X8 Mini"?

I had a bit of trouble even finding out much about your device, so finding a rooting method and then a strategy for using something like apps2sd or link2sd might be possible, but I'd have no way of recommending either method (root or apps2sd/link2sd) for you and your device.

That secondary, internal storage area is very interesting concept and I'm sure a root developer would be able to do this for your particular device, but I just can't point you to a known, reliable resource for that, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
My wife and I have almost identical Samsung Galaxy Note Tab A tablets (about 8 months old). The only difference is, hers does not have a sim card slot, and no dialler. I have about 25 apps installed, she has 4 or 5. She plays Hay Day, which may have a growing data file, but the cache is relatively small.

On mine, I regularly clear the dumpstate/logcat file, and still have plenty of room. But on hers with no dialer and no root, the memory fills up over time. After clearing caches and moving apps to the sd card, I eventually had to reset hers to factory. It's performing well now, but in another few months I may need to reset again. Investigating this, I learned that rooting voids warranty, so I haven't gone that path yet.

Cheers

Upvote 0
@Hayk94 I don't recommend you to move any apps to your sd..even if you rooted your device and bought one card just for that purpose, you see..I stopped doing that not long ago and I'm glad I did since immediately I noticed big difference in the performance of my phone..the apps on the sd makes it very very very slow..and makes it dangerous too to remove the card..it becomes unstable, I don't know if it was just my phone or in general..

Just so you know.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones