1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General The issue with waiting this long to release

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jwill182, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jwill182

jwill182 Newbie
    None

Feb 6, 2010
    Missouri
    Think about a couple things here guys.... first, the TB has about the same specs as the Evo... which came out in June of last year. I guarantee you that Verizon had the TB from HTC by the time they launched 4G so that they could release a phone at that time too (was probably the original plan until the iPhone BS) but Steve Jobs forced them to hold off so that Apple could have a legit chance at selling a ton of iPhones before any 4G devices were available. That's why this phone (HTC Scorpion, HTC Mecha, HTC Incredible HD....) has been rumored/known about for so long.

Second, since this phone has most likely been done since December, don't you think HTC has another B.A. phone in the works? And probably with a reasonable chance to come out in June/July at that. How would you feel if a month after the TB launch, a rumor/photo leaked of an HTC phone that has better specs then the Motorola Bionic/LG Revolution/Samsung LTE all combined.

Say it was a 4.5" Super Amoled Plus display, 10MP w/1080p video capture, 1 GB RAM, 16GB internal memory plus a 16GB card, an HDMI output, a front facing 2MP camera, 4G capabilities, Android 2.4, and a dual core 1.2ghz processor. That would be a serious kick in the nuts to everyone who purchased the TB. Even if it was half the phone that I just described, but still better specs then the TB or Bionic... that's still BS for them to have in the works 2 months before we get the TB.

I wanted the TB as bad as anyone, as I remember doing research about it back when it was being called the Scorpion, but with it having the specs it does at about 9 months after a phone came out with almost identical specs... that sounds like a let down to me.

Anyways, just my two cents... I'm in a complaining mood, lol.

Advertisement

2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is from a thread over on XDA, it is the best answer I've seen to people comparing this phone with the EVO...

I really don't think you are going to see a device come out a month or two after the TB that is going to blow it away. I'm getting the TB mainly because it is an HTC, has an unlocked bootloader so I will be able to root and have access to CM, and for what it is worth the specs are pretty darned nice.

I'm not into the whole duel core thing yet, I'm gonna give it a year or two for the software to catch up to the hardware.

3. nkk

nkk Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    My post, verbatim, from the other "Is the TB really better than the EVO" thread.

That is about the two snapdragrons. Add that to the more RAM and better screen (LCD vs SLCD), and the only real similarity is form factor.

It would not harm you to read up and educate yourself before you post. The other thread is on the front page, as are a couple others regarding similar subjects.

-Nkk

jayishere and ska.t73 like this.
  4. leehblanc

leehblanc Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Computerized Maintenance and Inventory
    Atlantic County, NJ
    Agreed. Another example that works well (for the elders here) is that a 486/33 was roughly TWICE as fast as a 386/33, and a Pentium/66 was roughly TWICE as fast as a 486DX2/66.

Now I'm not saying that the Thunderbolt will be twice as fast as the EVO, but the clock speed of the CPU has less to do with the speed than the qualities of the chip, the memory amount and speed, etc ad nauseum.

5. EKG

EKG Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    If you want further proof in addition to the posts made by the other members here, go check the video Wirefly did comparing the Evo to the Thunderbolt. The TB absolutely BLOWS it out of the water.

6. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    I understand the OP's point to a certain extant. Vzw dragged it out, and the sooner we get to Spring, the sooner newer more advanced phones get leaked. The TB is bad ass, I just think vzw is really letting this drag. And to top it all off, pricing is just pure foolery. $249 on contract, and $749 off is straight up a kick in the nuts if you ask me. Again the phone looks very very worthy, but with pricing like that, it'll fail!