1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support the keys at the bottum wont ligh up.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jors, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Jors

Jors Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    Hello I have had my droid x for a bit and all of a sudden only 1 of the 4 keys light up instead of all 4, his can I fix this problem. Please help me. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Is it the same key that lights up, every time?

Jors likes this.
  3. Jors

Jors Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    Well yeah. The phone is suppost to light up all 4 keys but only the option button lights up. The home,back and search buttons don't light up.

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Are you using any apps that control that kind of behavior? For example, I use Light Flow in order to customize how my LED behaves, and it has the option to control things like the camera flash or the headlight for the back button. Have you installed anything like that, that is intended to customize button behavior? There are others that will respond to the home button and bring up a list of shortcuts. Do either of these types of apps ring a bell?

5. Jors

Jors Lurker
    None

Aug 28, 2011
    No, i dont have any apps like that on my phone, its practically fresh with the apps that come with it only. I asked someone and they told me that it could be a hardware problem cause only 1/4 hard keys turn on and i have no app for light adj.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    If it's the same light that turns on and off reliably, and you don't have any apps that would control such things, it is likely then that you have a hardware problem. You can try a factory reset to wipe off ALL your data, but I'm not sure how much good that would do you at this point Io

7. qetuop

qetuop Member
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Did this happen after the update? Not to steal the thread but all of my buttons stopped lighting up after it. I do use the Power Control widget to adjust brightness. It's frustrating because the work sometimes and I can't figure out the pattern (Maybe just during the day).