• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The latest Facebook app update (1.3)

Its much better, I like the notifications screen at the bottom of the screen but hate the way it takes you to the touch.facebook.com website, why can't it just load it up in the app?
Exactly what I came in to post, rubbish way of doing it!

I think it's getting better but is still a long way from being perfect.

Upvote 0
What happened to the contacts sync options in v1.3? I'm sure they were there in v1.3.0 and v1.3.1, but they're not in v1.3.2.

There is also no longer an additional Facebook entry in 'Accounts & sync,' alongside the Facebook for HTC Sense one, I'm sure there was with the first two v1.3.x releases and if you went into 'Add account' the Facebook entry had a tick next to it, but it doesn't with v1.3.2 despite being signed into the app and no tick is the same behaviour as v1.2.0 when signed in. I wondered what they changed in v1.3.2, so perhaps they removed the contact sync options.

Upvote 0
Facebook on Android is RUBBISH...........but has sooooo much potential it's unreal!!!!!!

Imagine if the widget showed how/what your notifications are, i can't see this being a feature that is too hard to implement. Also, i can't believe that android is nearly 3 years in and we still can't tag bloody photos!!!!

Sort it out, please, thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones