1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The < lesser than symbol

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by singerlizz, Feb 4, 2011.

1. singerlizz

singerlizz Lurker

Hi everyone,

I am new here (57 years young!) and was wondering if someone can help me with my question! I just bought a new sprint HTC EVO 4G cell phone and love it, however, on my old palm pre I was able to text message some of my friends and sometimes would give them the little "heart" sign at the end by using "<3" which I knew that the symbol would turn into a cute little red heart sign when I sent it and my friends would receive it. I can't find the "<" lesser than symbol in my keypad. Any advice on how to get to it? Thanks, I really appreciate it, and I'm happy to introduce myself to you!

Warm Regards,

Lizz :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Panther

Panther Lurker

Hiya! I don't have your particular phone, but you should be able to find it by changing to the numbers layout via the button that (probably) says "123".

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert

Press the [12#] button on the lower right of the keyboard and then when the symbols come up, press the [1/2] button on the lower left to switch to the second page of symbols. Then press the [ABC] button to go back to your keyboard. Or pressing space will make it go back also

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Welcome to the forums :). The Evo comes with two different keyboards now, so I'll give you instructions for both since I don't know which one you're using:

default keyboard - press the 12# key on the bottom right -> press the 1/2 key on the bottom left -> the ">" will be on the second row in the middle.

swype - press the SYM key on the bottom left -> you'll see ">" as a secondary character of the ";". Just long press it to get the ">".

EDIT: ScorpDX beat me to it :).

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews