• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The LG cameras always seem subpar compared to Samsung and HTC

It's just my personal observation, but from my hands-on tests with phones from all three manufacturers, I've found that, despite being a premium device, the LG phones always seem to lack in the camera department. However, I've heard a lot of good praise of the LG V10 so hopefully that phone proves me wrong and brings about a new generation of premium phones with genuinely high end camera specs.

Reactions: Engjoseph
I wish that too.
They say it's a 16 MP camera, hope it will not be like other models of bad camera resolution.
LG v10.png

Upvote 0
They say it's a 16 MP camera, hope it will not be like other models of bad camera resolution.

Megapixels tells nothing more than (a) how many photosites the sensor has and (b) how large a full-res image will be. Far more important are the quality of the sensor, the optical accuracy/clarity of the lens, and how accurately the image processing software converts the RAW image from the sensor into a usable photo.

The only way to judge fairly is to compare actual sample images from the device... a spec sheet is next-to-useless.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones