• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)

it only wasnt clear because of the app name and because i didnt know about the app prior to this discussion.

if you read your statement outloud it sounds to me that you typed wifi and it was autocorrected or something to y5. (i originally read y5 as if it was supposed to say wifi)

like this:
"Does anyone else have a problem with wifi after the update? I find that even if no Wifi network is connected, my wifi stays on. Before, I believe, the Wifi would turn off when not connected."
its funny how some things can get screwed up in translation when you cant see the other people talking or make quick questions about what they mean exactly while they are talking.
i will be able to test this app for myself and get back to you tomorrow night around 10 pm prolly.

Upvote 0
Since a factory reset, post 2.2 update, mine seems to be running really well with only two exceptions I've noticed.

1. My music skips from time to time. Not constantly, but once every 5 minutes or so I'll get a little hiccup. Never happened before. This is with the stock HTC music app.

2. On websites, I sometimes get a really big slowdown all the sudden. If I'm typing in a form, like posting to a forum or some such, I'll get the really bad keyboard lag (before I factory reset, I was getting this all over the place, but now it only sometimes happens on websites). Also, scrolling/zooming will be really slow and laggy. I believe this is probably only on sites that are using flash. It's not all the time, so I'm wondering if it's possibly some advertisements that may be the culprit since they vary from time to time when viewing the same page.

Adobe's site says I'm running 10.1.72.7 is that the latest available? Where can I get an update if there is one, it doesn't appear to exist in the market.

Thanks.

Flash is in the market now

Upvote 0
This wasn't clear that I was talking about Y5? sorry if it wasn't...

If what you wrote is accurate, then you just proved my point...I was referring to what Y5 does as an app, which shows that his point, although NOT wrong regarding the Wifi functionality, was wrong about what "Y5" does, which was the WHOLE point of the post and my inquiry :)

I'd never heard of Y5, assumed that was supposed to be "wifi" when you wrote it. My bad.

That being said, no idea. Is the app Froyo compatible? You should probably contact the developer if it's not working.

Upvote 0
I'd never heard of Y5, assumed that was supposed to be "wifi" when you wrote it. My bad.

That being said, no idea. Is the app Froyo compatible? You should probably contact the developer if it's not working.
Hahahahah!!! Yeah it's actually called Y5!! LOL! Now it all makes sense why you all were telling me that I was wrong...:D

I got it to work, so never mind so am happy now. :)

Upvote 0
Izzy, this has nothing to do with you guys going back and forth. But i tried Y5 a while ago and could never get ti to work correct. Or at least i didn't think so. How do you tell that it's off when i leave my set areas? thats the part i couldn't figure out. I have it set at work and home to come on automatically. But everytime I leave those places it seems to still be on. Again unless I'm not realizing how it should be. how do you know it's off? do you go by the widget (because that says "on" when i leave) Plus it has barely any settings.......

Upvote 0
How do you tell that it's off when i leave my set areas? thats the part i couldn't figure out. I have it set at work and home to come on automatically. But everytime I leave those places it seems to still be on. Again unless I'm not realizing how it should be. how do you know it's off? do you go by the widget (because that says "on" when i leave) Plus it has barely any settings.......
Well for one, Y5 works by using the cell tower locations...so it can still have ure Wifi on if u are still in the area, but not necessarily close enough to ure network. For example, when I'm home, Wifi comes on and connects to my home network. When I leave my house to go walk my dogs, I am disconnected from my home network, BUT my wifi remains on, bc I am still in the area of the cell tower...Does that make sense??

And yes, how I know that it switches on and off is bc I have the Wifi power widget on my home screen so that I can manage it, to make sure it's on and off when it should be.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: wedgemoose
Upvote 0
Good man!!!! thats what i needed. i tried to figure it out in the past(installed and un-installed 3 times so far) but never could. You just jogged my mind on a few things though. Maybe i didn't give it enough time to leave the cell area.

Thanks again. I owe ya.....
Hahaha~~No problem at all! Glad I could help..If you want a little further info on it, here's a thread where we talked about it.

http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/89454-wifi-always-battery.html

Upvote 0
I was not having any problems with my phone after the update till this Friday where the phone will not go to sleep anymore. Last thing i downloaded from the market was PDAnet. I ended up doing a hard reset and it still doing the same thing by not sleeping. I have all auto syncs disabled, etc. Any ideas as to what could be happening?

Upvote 0
Anyone find a way to get the auto brightness feature to work on the standard 2.2 power control widget on the incredible?

This is not on the standard 2.2 power control widget but I use a similiar app called Dazzle Configurable Switcher that has this option, among others, it's a pretty decent app and has replaced the standard on mine.

Here is the Appbrain link.

Dazzle Configurable Switcher - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones