1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The M8 with Lollipop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Oct 28, 2014.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

dontpanicbobby and kalaster like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kalaster

kalaster Android Enthusiast

Looks promising, my only wish though is for the new notification Lockscreen to be integrated into sense somehow.

3. techsavvy01

techsavvy01 Well-Known Member

Lollipop looks nice kudos to Google

4. JIMV

JIMV Android Enthusiast

Kudo's when it appears on my phone...till then it is fantasy ware...

Deleted User likes this.
  5. CapThrowback

CapThrowback Android Expert

Yeah, those are fake screenshots . . . but I'm sure the real thing will look equally nice.

6. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

On their Facebook page they stated that they have 90 days at the latest before they release the update so they are very much serious!

7. hotkoko

hotkoko Well-Known Member

Oh who cares about a new update.. U get the update, swipe a few times to look at the new design then it goes back in ur pocket after saying "cool"

8. olbriar

olbriar  

I always get excited about any update. There are always the improvements to consider as well as some new toys to play with. I'm very happy with the M8 as is but an update will bring a new adventure into it's use for a while. The update will not likely bring something I can't live without but I'm excited all the same.

9. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

It's not fantasyware. This was Tweeted today," Mo Versi wrote in his tweet

10. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but having ART runtime leading up to 40% optimization increase in the OS seems like more than just a swipe feature.

11. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Plus carrier feet-dragging time most likely :(

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

The OS is native code, unaffected by ART. ART is about compiled apps and how they're managed.

The only difference I've seen using it is faster app load time - iow, the time that Dalvik/Java apps use to compile each time before running. After that, performance is pretty much the same.

I think that the big advantage will be in losing the Dalvik cache that can't be cleaned by non-rooted users without a factory data reset. Because *no one* has ever done OTA install scripts correctly, we'll finally see the back end of that weakness.

40% optimization difference in *runtime* performance? I'd be very surprised. :)

13. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

14. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

15. KC13

KC13 Newbie

I'm of the same mind! I love my M8 as is, but will update to 5 when it's available. The only thing I dislike about my M8 are the graphics but only when compared to my older htc Legend. I much prefer the graphics on the Legend with 2.2. The calendar on 2.2 looks great, on 4.4.4 it looks terrible, flat and faded...... On 2.2, appointments are shown by a solid triangle in the date corner. 4.4.4 shows faded vertical lines. I wish there was a 2.2 icon pack for 4.4.4.

16. Me_Droid_Freak

Me_Droid_Freak Daryl Bowman

I have TeamBliss's Alpha1 version of CM12 (Android 5.0) running on my phone right now. It's pretty barebones, but awesome, none the less.

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. hotkoko

I hope the M8 doesn't get Lollipop.. My tablet just got it the other day and it totally screwed it up to the point where I can barely use it anymore... Nothing works well and its extremely slow and choppy now.

18. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Which tablet?

19. hotkoko

The oonlytablets that they released it to..... Nexus

20. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Yea... Which year. I've read it doesn't run as well on the older ones

21. hotkoko

Of course they're going to say that. Cause it Sux so bad they don't have an answer

22. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Sounds like you got some bad juju when you took the update. Might want to back up what you can and do a factory reset. I bet you'll see drastically different results with a fresh clean install.

Most times when you see results like this when an OTA is involved it's the new rom being flashed without having the caches wiped properly, or the system partition wasn't clean. There's a lot of 1's and 0's in there and just having a few in the wrong place when the new update is flashed will give results like you're experiencing.

Lets try to fix the problem before trowing the new OS to the wolves. :)

23. hotkoko

24. hotkoko

Dude it Sux.. I haven't heard anything but bad things about it so far from others.. screwed up my tablet to the point where I almost can't use it

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews