1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

The many stories from CSR's and Tech Support on the 1.6 OTA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Streetman, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    This is just to laugh. I know I'll probably have to get this update myself. In the store, June 24th, I was told that Google handles the OTA. I laughed inside, and just agreed with the friendly sales girl.

So, here's today's call, which I made just to humor myself. It was, indeed, funny...and nothing else:

Here's a paraphrase:

TS: Ah, yes, let me see if I can go ahead and push that right on through to you. Please hold.
    Me: Uhhh...yeah. Let me hold my breath while on hold.
    TS: Well, sir, it looks as if Samsung is the one who has to push that through, and they're doing those on Monday and Tuesday only, so call us back in a week if you don't have it.
    Me: I was told by June 25th. If they did Mon and Tues, that's the second time I missed it. How about we fill out a service ticket now, and not wait until I miss it a third time.
    TS: Yes, sir! We'll get this to Samsung, and they'll get with you in 72 hours or less.
    Me: Yeah. Sure. I'll be here waiting for Samsung to get with me. Uh huh. :rolleyes:

So, what have y'all heard? It's comical to me all the stories I've heard about who's in charge. It's certainly not Tmobile. That's certain. ;)

Advertisement