1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gogators1974, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Gogators1974

I hate the new market... It's way slow... How do you get rid of it? I've gone clear cashe clear everything and uninstall updates but keeps freaking coming back..... Do I gotta root to get rid of it?

Advertisement

2. edlex

edlex Android Expert

I'm sure there has to be an update to the market very soon. It's constantly telling me to update apps that don't need one. It also force closes sometimes on startup. Between that and deleting apps in media storage I'm pretty sure a big update is in the works.

3. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member

Yes, me too, and it's been driving me batty.

4. wubbie075

wubbie075 Android Enthusiast

Mine just hangs during the install portion. Have to shut down then it works again.

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I believe the market is self updating. So once u install the old apk its going to install the new version in its own.

6. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

LOL...phew. I thought it was only me or the radios were going bad on my Photon...LOL.

Hopefully it'll be updated to work better soon.

7. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast

The Market has been driving me nuts recently. I've taken to only browsing it on my laptop and pushing new apps to my phone that way.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

earlier today was the first time it wouldn't let me connect. It just kept giving me the loading signal.

9. edlex

edlex Android Expert

I pretty much have resigned myself to using appbrain for all my updates. Appbrain also lets me know when an app has been deleted from media storage using the app timeline feature.

10. edlex

edlex Android Expert

Looks like they pushed a new version of the market. Lets hope it works.

11. drexappeal

How can you tell?

12. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast

I am still experiencing this issue. I reported this issue to Google, if you want to, hit the Help button under the Market menu settings.

13. floorguy

floorguy Well-Known Member

no kidding.....other then when it did it by its self the 1st time :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

14. edlex

edlex Android Expert

When you go to settings it looks like it now gives you additional options that I don't recall being present before. For me it also doesn't hang on to the last app being updated like it did before. I have no idea if it's really a "new" version but something is going on. I don't remember seeing a build number before, but now it says 3.1.5, so at least we can keep track going forward. Oh and on appbrain yesterday it put "market" at the top of my app list as if it was a recently updated app. That's what got me curious.

Citizen Coyote and drexappeal like this.
  15. drexappeal

So strange. My market doesn't seem to be installing updates at all. Once the apps have downloaded, it now says "updating" whichever app is being updated, but when I check in the market, the install is just hanging as if it's trying to update, but it's not installing.

I just uninstalled juice defender and am restarting the phone to see if that might have been causing issues (and to see how the battery will do without it), but it's really odd. Not a big deal, but I'm hoping this is just a glitch on google's part that'll be fixed.