• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the new Galaxy Nexus-who's ready(verizon)

Wait no more! It does NOT have a SD card slot. None. I'm not happy about that but if Verizon gets the 32GB version, I may be able to adjust. If they get the 16GB as rumored then it might not be the phone for me.

I've been watching the various announcements and no spec has mentioned the storage size for Verizon's exclusive.

I would also be pissed off if they go 16gb with no sd card. Paying 299 for a 16gb phone with no expansion is not a dealbreaker, but it would be a slap in the face.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is common knowledge, but just found this: Verizon Holiday Roadmap Leaked, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Shows Up Just After Black Friday

galaxy-nexus-verizon-launch_thumb.jpg

Upvote 0
I would also be pissed off if they go 16gb with no sd card. Paying 299 for a 16gb phone with no expansion is not a dealbreaker, but it would be a slap in the face.

One of my clients works for Verizon, he stopped by my office yesterday with a 32GB SGNexus test phone. He has been testing the phone for about a week and absolutely loves it!! Confirmed there is no SD card slot, but the phone is the 32GB version.

The phone is stunning....love the form factor! ICS is super smooth, scrolling, app drawer, video...it made my DX look like an Atari game vs. XBox or something. While the display is amazing, I'm disappointed there is no Gorilla Glass being used on the SGN :(

Upvote 0
One of my clients works for Verizon, he stopped by my office yesterday with a 32GB SGNexus test phone. He has been testing the phone for about a week and absolutely loves it!! Confirmed there is no SD card slot, but the phone is the 32GB version.

The phone is stunning....love the form factor! ICS is super smooth, scrolling, app drawer, video...it made my DX look like an Atari game vs. XBox or something. While the display is amazing, I'm disappointed there is no Gorilla Glass being used on the SGN :(

The glass doesn't have to be Gorilla Glass™ to be good glass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones