1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The next generation of rom installation?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andygu3, Apr 11, 2012.

1. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

frenchy714 and ocnbrze like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

There's a few ROMS out that use the aroma installer already. Its pretty neat but I sill prefer the old method.

The customization aspect is pretty cool though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

mikekelso421 likes this.
  3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Using this now. I recommend this for a good solid daily. Not anything flashy but just works smoothly.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

You're kidding right? Customization is pretty cool?

The fact that you can first choose a rom inside aroma whether you want odex x or odex n or deodex x or deodex n, then customize how you want with the kernel, lockscreen, boot up screen, font..... Talk about simplifying the rom installation process.

Old way: Some say wipe, flash rom then reboot. Then when ready, customize your rom. Oh but wait, that intails booting to recovery, making a nandroid first then flash a kernel, reboot. You want to change the lockscreen? Boot to recovery, nandroid, flash lockscreen, reboot. Change font, reboot!

I don't know about you guys but this is pretty darn interesting, imo but to each their own I guess.

That is all :)

frenchy714 likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I was posting on my phone, so theres only so much I can write while on the go. Allow me to expand.

I had issues installing the OBJ ROM. Was it caused by Aroma? Maybe, but maybe not. Its cool & new & flashy, but I prefer stability over all else.

Its nice to be able to make all those customization's within the installer, but I don't change lock-screens, themes, fonts, etc. In the rare event I venture from how the ROM was shipped, I am able to just wipe cache & dalvik cache and flash the ROM over itself since I don't change anything. No need for a nandroid each time. If I had changed the kernel, I just add that to the end of the ROM re-flash.

I do believe it is the future of installations, but for me personally it has limited use. Its a new UI, but I want it to work. It'll get there. It just isn't there for me yet.

Flashing things here has also taught me to wait on new things. Let others try it out first.

6. CapThrowback

CapThrowback Android Expert

AROMA is also not BootManager Slot ROM compatible, which for me, is a deal-breaker :rolleyes:.

argedion, Rxpert83 and dustwun77 like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews