• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The next generation of rom installation?

Have you guys seen what swagstr's been up to? Using aroma for installation of your rom! This looks absolutely awesome!! Can't wait to try this out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258932

There's a few ROMS out that use the aroma installer already. Its pretty neat but I sill prefer the old method.

The customization aspect is pretty cool though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
There's a few rooms out that use the aroma installer already. Its pretty neat but I sill prefer Tue old method.

The customization aspect is pretty cool though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

You're kidding right? Customization is pretty cool?

The fact that you can first choose a rom inside aroma whether you want odex x or odex n or deodex x or deodex n, then customize how you want with the kernel, lockscreen, boot up screen, font..... Talk about simplifying the rom installation process.

Old way: Some say wipe, flash rom then reboot. Then when ready, customize your rom. Oh but wait, that intails booting to recovery, making a nandroid first then flash a kernel, reboot. You want to change the lockscreen? Boot to recovery, nandroid, flash lockscreen, reboot. Change font, reboot!

I don't know about you guys but this is pretty darn interesting, imo but to each their own I guess.

That is all :)

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0
You're kidding right? Customization is pretty cool?

The fact that you can first choose a rom inside aroma whether you want odex x or odex n or deodex x or deodex n, then customize how you want with the kernel, lockscreen, boot up screen, font..... Talk about simplifying the rom installation process.

Old way: Some say wipe, flash rom then reboot. Then when ready, customize your rom. Oh but wait, that intails booting to recovery, making a nandroid first then flash a kernel, reboot. You want to change the lockscreen? Boot to recovery, nandroid, flash lockscreen, reboot. Change font, reboot!

I don't know about you guys but this is pretty darn interesting, imo but to each their own I guess.

That is all :)

I was posting on my phone, so theres only so much I can write while on the go. Allow me to expand.

I had issues installing the OBJ ROM. Was it caused by Aroma? Maybe, but maybe not. Its cool & new & flashy, but I prefer stability over all else.

Its nice to be able to make all those customization's within the installer, but I don't change lock-screens, themes, fonts, etc. In the rare event I venture from how the ROM was shipped, I am able to just wipe cache & dalvik cache and flash the ROM over itself since I don't change anything. No need for a nandroid each time. If I had changed the kernel, I just add that to the end of the ROM re-flash.

I do believe it is the future of installations, but for me personally it has limited use. Its a new UI, but I want it to work. It'll get there. It just isn't there for me yet.

Flashing things here has also taught me to wait on new things. Let others try it out first.

Upvote 0
I was posting on my phone, so theres only so much I can write while on the go. Allow me to expand.

I had issues installing the OBJ ROM. Was it caused by Aroma? Maybe, but maybe not. Its cool & new & flashy, but I prefer stability over all else.

Its nice to be able to make all those customization's within the installer, but I don't change lock-screens, themes, fonts, etc. In the rare event I venture from how the ROM was shipped, I am able to just wipe cache & dalvik cache and flash the ROM over itself since I don't change anything. No need for a nandroid each time. If I had changed the kernel, I just add that to the end of the ROM re-flash.

I do believe it is the future of installations, but for me personally it has limited use. Its a new UI, but I want it to work. It'll get there. It just isn't there for me yet.

Flashing things here has also taught me to wait on new things. Let others try it out first.
AROMA is also not BootManager Slot ROM compatible, which for me, is a deal-breaker :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones