1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

The Nexus S is probably the sexiest phone ever made!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by waynelarry, Feb 24, 2011.

1. waynelarry

waynelarry Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Samsung and Google really took their time designing this phone. While similar to its S-line brethren, it stands out as well crafted device. Anyone else agree?

Advertisement

2FR35H likes this.
  2. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT

I couldn't agree more. Especially when the screen is off it looks like there are no buttons at all. They definitely have gotten the design right. I don't care what people say about plastic and it feeling cheap. Because seriously who says it needs to be made of metal for it to feel high quality.

2FR35H likes this.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

Apart from the fact that it is indeed made of plastic, I've never understood the "it just looks like a Galaxy S" line. The Galaxy S looks like an iPhone 3G...

4. HKM

None

Blah people who don't own NS would disagree strongly. I mean don't even get me started on the con's of NS as it out weighs the pro's as its list we covered in XDA thoroughly. Only thing NS has over other device is official upgrade from Google directly which most of us who is flash addict don't even find it remotely impressive for the price they selling it for thanks to AOSP which is always available in weeks if not month.

BTW don't even get me started on SamSUX as it was designed by them alone is turn off for many of us true smartphone users. That is another subject for another day :p

5. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

I have to agree. Above, I was merely commenting on the look of the device. However, I feel that the UK went for a few months where Android phones were behind the devices in the USA.

I had a Desire HD first, and battery life was wretched and the screen was awful.

The Nexus S came out after I took the DHD back and was by far the lead phone in the UK.

However, I'm seriously considering ebay and getting an Atrix on launch.

6. waynelarry

waynelarry Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Well I am going by aesthetics. This is my first Samsung device and frankly I haven't had any of the reported problems. I'm new to android as my previous device was the Nokia N900. I always get complements on the look of my Nexus S...the N900, I get "what is that?".

7. Martin J

Martin J Member
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Chester, UK
    2FR35H likes this.
  8. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    I'm actually loving the NS, it doesn't feel quite as sturdy as the N1 but it's still a fantastic phone overall.

Yes, it's sexy, I sometimes catch myself staring in the mirror whenever I'm holding it...

9. 2FR35H

2FR35H Android Expert
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    I always get asked what phone is that when people see it so anyone to claim it looks like a iphone 3gs or even a galaxy s is totally out of their mind and haven't seen the device in person... The beauty of this device is extraordinary. I have had the least problems with this device. Fully agree with your reply. Congrats on your first android.

Tags: