1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "the number you have called has not been recognised"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nozspark, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Nozspark

Nozspark Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Male
    Self employed electrician
    North Wales Coast (UK)
    I have a rooted HTC Desire running Ginger Villian 2.1 with the 2.6.38.4-defrost-bravo+ kernel

I'm self employed and I've recently been told that sometimes when people ring my mobile (t-mobile UK with Orange roaming enabled) that they get a "this number has not been recognised" message,, I have also experienced this myself so it's not like people are my number wrong.. I understand that I will not always be within my network coverage and that should forward my calls to my voice mail when that happens.

I have phoned up business customer services who have reset my voicemail and I've also removed battery with power on to reset my phone, they also said that they might change my sim card and phone if it carries on,,,,, but to me it sounds like it could be a network fault and nothing to do with my phone and when I pressed this issue they said that it could be that the network can't cope with any more calls and i guess is just dumping calls.

Now just in case they want to replace my phone (free next day couriered replacement under warranty) I need to make sure that I have everything in place to get it back to stock:O Hopefully I backed it up before I put another rom on it (had froyo before) and I do have a goldcard,,,

what else could I need??

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Advertisement

2. Nozspark

None

Aug 29, 2010
    Male
    North Wales Coast (UK)
    Any ideas,,,, anyone????

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I can't see it being anything other than a t Mobile problem

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I concur - that's a network problem.

Whether it's pure T-Mobile, or a problem with the roaming between the 2 networks, only the network could say. I've occasionally had SMS sending fail when my phone has roamed onto T-Mobile, with the only fix being to force it back onto my home network (Orange). So I could imagine it being connected to the network sharing, but that is pure speculation. Heck, if you had ported your number from another network that would add another link that could break (if the porting still works the way it did originally).

But I really don't think this is a phone problem, much as that would be the most convenient thing for them.

5. Nozspark

None

Aug 29, 2010
    Male
    North Wales Coast (UK)
    Cheers guys,,, thought as much

However..... I did originally port the number across from 3,,
    When I set up as self employed I went with 3, but their coverage was so bad in my area that I changed network within 3 months

I have only started to have this problem recently;) (from what I know)

Tags: