• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories The official "bottomless but not topless" thread

ZDroid1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 19, 2010
Doing an experiment here: I took the phone out of its glove. It's much less bulky like this and fits much better in my pocket. The soft keys are also more accessible. The phone looks better without it as well.

That said, I'm keeping the screen protector on. It adds no bulk and is invisible. I figure the screen is also the most important part of the phone's body.

I'm this close to going full naked. Only thing stopping me is that I too believe dropping it is inevitable.

Here's my current philosophy: screw it. It's just a phone. Life is full of risks. Just enjoy the damn device while it lasts. And then get a new one!

I wouldn't take off the screen protector. Forget dropping it; daily use would scratch it up.

Upvote 0
Right now I have a silicone case for it, makes it a bit bigger but I need the grip, I can't treat the phone normally without the case, I'm too worried about it slipping. The silicone thing doesn't add too much weight though. Not only that, without something to increase the grip, it's actually harder to take photos steadily, especially without fearing it will drop.

Some camera guys like these things a lot by the way though, unfortunately they don't have a kit for our phone. But I have used them, they aren't bad. You'd have to maybe email them see if they can make a kit for our phone or compare our phone's size to another phone and cut it. Better than being totally naked.

Egrips Non-Slip Strips - Consumer & Promotional Products for Mobile Phones - Silicone Grip Material | Information

Upvote 0
How is the brightness and clarity of the screen with your screen protector on? My friend has a Vibrant and he wound up ditching his screen protector after he saw mine without it. The first thing he said was 'why does your screen look so much better than mine?'.

His screen looked pretty dull and grainy with the protector on it. From what I understand the Galaxy S screen is very resistant to breaks/scratches.

Here's my current philosophy: screw it. It's just a phone. Life is full of risks. Just enjoy the damn device while it lasts. And then get a new one!

I wouldn't take off the screen protector. Forget dropping it; daily use would scratch it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones