• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official Fallout Thread

It's a lot of fun! I did it before I started a new game, because I wanted to see the entire wasteland.

I like using the dart gun on Deathclaws. You hit them and they're like wtf wtf wtf who did it!?!?! Then they find you, charge, and fall over dead. (Or shoot up into the sky and start flying at you...happened to me once...Glitchy game.)

Upvote 0
I felt so awesome killing that Enclave guy. I'm still pretty early, and have next to no ammo. I had used the majority of my hunting rifle rounds on his limbs (have 5 left), and started with nearly 30 10mm rounds. I ran out of bullets on the 10mm with the kill shot. I likely would have died if that last one wouldn't have killed him (because the hot key delay and my slow reactions ;))

So fun.

Upvote 0
Well wouldn't ya know it, I ran into another Enclave guy. They must spawn in some locations before the main quest. Unless my copy is glitchin' out (not at all impossible, this is bethesda we're talking about ;)). Here's the story (it's a good one ;))

It was mid day, the sun was bright. I was wandering on the outskirts of Megaton. There was an abandon house all blown to hell, just sticks and foundation left. I saw some bodies laying next to the door.
"What happened here?" I ask myself.
Upon closer inspection, these bodies have been looted. By me! It turns out I killed a band of Raiders here a few days ago. Then I see something. Three green markers show up on my radar. People. I look closer and it's two Brotherhood outcasts and a robot. The outcasts are as rude as I remember. I walk with them for a while, you know, trying to get in their good graces. :p

Well, we see something.... another Outcast? Maybe a member of the BoS? Nope, Enclave through and through. Together we destroy this soldier. The Outcasts with their machine guns spray bullets while my laser pistol fires blast after blast of high powered energy.

I run down and loot the guy real quick, grabbing some more power armor and a shiny new laser rifle. It's odd though, I thought locals like me should be banging rocks together, not collecting high tech weapons ;)
--
Well, after all that I though now me and these two chaps must be brothers in arms (the robot just wandered around doing nothing during this time :eek:)... nope, still disrespectin' me. So I blasted 'em to bits with my laser pistol (really as a test of skill). Very little damage on my part too, I was proud. :D I reloaded fearing any negative faction points.... ;)

So that's my story. It was all near a water place, one of those fenced in areas.... if that makes it more clear. I definitely don't remember any Enclave guys before the MQ in my last play through.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's weird all right. Not that I'm complaining cause the power armor is nice (even though I can't use it).

I did have almost 100 rounds for the 10mm at one point, but I ran into 4 mole rats, and about a dozen raiders all within 10 minutes. I burned through my AP and ammo faster than you can say "Nuka-Cola Quantum" ;)

Upvote 0
Okay, I'll answer it... I ventured out there. So you'll be getting it in classic 9to5 story form... ;)

So, I was in search of the mysterious Jury Street Metro. I decided to head out west of Megaton. Turned out to be a good idea, I ran right into it. ;) I then noticed my good friends the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts lurking around. They really saved me from a team of Radscorpions and Super Mutants. So, after that, I was pretty much dead, and I decided to try out my hand at this mystical teddy bear....

I found the wrecked train site. The Super Mutants guarding it were dispatched by me and the BoS outcasts.... So I looked around, and sure enough, there was a bear in a cage of shopping carts. I opened the carts and ...

! Nothing. So I grab the bear. RAAAAWWWWWW I hear. Alarmed, I look around. A giant monster is running right at me. The Super Mutant Behemoth. I was thinking if I'm fast, I can run away and lead it right to my BoS Outcast pals. Too bad that with my broken leg I wasn't fast enough. Oh well....

So yeah, it was a fun experience anyway. :D

Good call MP!

Upvote 0
lol I warned you man. :D
There's another behemoth in Evergreen mills along with the barter bobble head and the Terrible shotgun which the bobble head and shotgun are both located in the evergreen mills bazar. You can find the shotgun off this merchant named Smiling Jack. In the back of the little shop you'll find the barter bobble head.

Upvote 0
I'm only go 2 bobble heads so far, but that's more than I had in my last play through. I just never bothered... Oh well, I'll get tons more this time.
If you need help getting any I can help you. :)
I hope you got the medical one right at the start in the vault.
Yeah, that's one of the two that if you don't get it while you still have the chance it's gone. Especially the one in raven rock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones