• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official HTC Incredible Signal Strength / Reception Poll

How is your signal strength experience with the Incredible?

• Signal bars are ACCURATE, but NO PROBLEMS making calls / as good as or better than my prior phone(s)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Signal bars FLUCTUATE / go low a lot, but NO PROBLEMS making calls / >= as good as my prior phone(s)

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Signal bars FLUCTUATE / go low a lot, and I DO EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS making and sustaining phone calls

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

dt_

Mar 24, 2010
So I've been reading a bunch of posts around here and most would agree that the signal bars fluctuate like crazy on this phone and don't really represent the signal strength or the phone's ability to make a call at all. That being said, there are also some people who have reported the phone constantly switching from 3G to 1X and back, draining more battery life as a result, and also people who say they are actually suffering from inability to make calls.

Thus I propose we conduct this unscientific survey to see how widespread the problems actually are.

If you have an Incredible please take the time to vote in this poll as it will help many users out who are on the fence about buying this phone (myself included ;) )

Thanks!

dt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones