• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official "I got mine" thread.

I'm lucky. Both my new and old handsets were off and I called my dealer line for VM. My phone was up and running in less than 10 minutes.

My activation was flawless. Only two minor resource errors the next day. It's been good since I did two PRL updates and rebooted the phone. SMS, MMS, calls, data, all working fine here. =]

Upvote 0
I'm lucky. Both my new and old handsets were off and I called my dealer line for VM. My phone was up and running in less than 10 minutes.

My activation was flawless. Only two minor resource errors the next day. It's been good since I did two PRL updates and rebooted the phone. SMS, MMS, calls, data, all working fine here. =]

I actually had an error 131 code but the EPST menu reset worked and I was up and running in about 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
I'm PUMPED!

Went to radioshack and the lady looked at what was coming in today and said she was getting ONE. She said she'd put my name on it for me. I even asked if it was maybe a preorder ship-to-store, and she said no.

I didn't even know they could look at what they were getting, but either way by close of business today I'll have it! I have to work til 8ish (depends on how fast everyone gets everything done) so I'm hoping I can get there by 9pm! otherwise I have to wait til tomorrow morning :(

*edit*
This was at the radioshack in the mall, the brick and mortar radioshack lady was as UNHELPFUL as could be. "We don't have any" Are you getting any? "Probably not til next week". RUDE.

Upvote 0
I'm PUMPED!

Went to radioshack and the lady looked at what was coming in today and said she was getting ONE. She said she'd put my name on it for me.

Cool, congrats! I would just double check that she can hold it all day. I thought I read someone else said they'd hold it for an hour but I might be wrong or may not apply to your Radioshack.

On another note, I guess I'm lucky I got my EVO on Saturday. I checked Radioshack's inventory online and punched in a bunch of zip codes for Chicago and not a single store came up.

~Novak

Upvote 0
novak921 said:
Cool, congrats! I would just double check that she can hold it all day. I thought I read someone else said they'd hold it for an hour but I might be wrong or may not apply to your Radioshack.

On another note, I guess I'm lucky I got my EVO on Saturday. I checked Radioshack's inventory online and punched in a bunch of zip codes for Chicago and not a single store came up.

~Novak

I had my local radio shack hold mine for me for about 6 hours. He told me he could hold it but if i didnt show up by the time I said then it was back up for grabs.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Forum Runner

Upvote 0
Do not go off of the inventory check on RadioShack.com! I could not find an Evo in the whole Denver area (I even checked Radio Shacks all over the state of Colorado) and NO ONE had it. So I pre-ordered it at BB. Today after work, I decided to stop by Radio Shack, even though I had done an inventory check online & it said that no store in Denver had any. I walked in and they told me that they had one in the back, so I automatically purchased it. Be careful, they try to activate it for you without asking. She asked me for my # & my pin...I didn't give it to her, because I want to activate it myself.

But I got my Evo V & I am thrilled! :-D

Upvote 0
I'm PUMPED!

Went to radioshack and the lady looked at what was coming in today and said she was getting ONE. She said she'd put my name on it for me. I even asked if it was maybe a preorder ship-to-store, and she said no.

I didn't even know they could look at what they were getting, but either way by close of business today I'll have it! I have to work til 8ish (depends on how fast everyone gets everything done) so I'm hoping I can get there by 9pm! otherwise I have to wait til tomorrow morning :(

*edit*
This was at the radioshack in the mall, the brick and mortar radioshack lady was as UNHELPFUL as could be. "We don't have any" Are you getting any? "Probably not til next week". RUDE.

The Radio Shack I went to only received one in their shipment as well! We're lucky people! :)

Upvote 0
Ok, so I just called the 5 surrounding RS's and they all were out and all said they expected 2 units tomorrow. Apparently Friday is when RS gets phone shipments. The place I got my wife's V last week, asked if I wanted to hold it for me. Of course I said yes. Roger is his name and he is a good man :)

I got mine at target the last one they held it for me until I got there

Upvote 0
I drove 70 miles (each way) for mine, first one in the area.
I had it rooted before the battery was fully charged.

About the inventory, like Rosemoon said, don't go by that alone.
Also, some are coming in off-day shipments. Here they normally come on Friday, and they got the Evo V in on Mon or Tues. Also, the website inventory seems like it may go based on when it leaves the warehouse. So while it may show the store having it, it may not have arrived yet.

Call, and if they have one, ask how many and.or have them hold it for you. One place sold out 4 in 30 minutes.

Upvote 0
Do not go off of the inventory check on RadioShack.com! I could not find an Evo in the whole Denver area (I even checked Radio Shacks all over the state of Colorado) and NO ONE had it. So I pre-ordered it at BB. Today after work, I decided to stop by Radio Shack, even though I had done an inventory check online & it said that no store in Denver had any. I walked in and they told me that they had one in the back, so I automatically purchased it. Be careful, they try to activate it for you without asking. She asked me for my # & my pin...I didn't give it to her, because I want to activate it myself.

But I got my Evo V & I am thrilled! :-D

That's funny. Mine was just the opposite. The website said that store "X" had it. I called store "X," they said they didn't have it. I requested that they check their shipment in the back, they did, they had it.

So, Radio Shack lesson learned. The website knew more about store "X" stock than the employees of store "X."

Upvote 0
This might be a lil off topic but "I got mine" and I wanna talk about it lol. 2 things that make this phone far superior to the triumph imho....1) no more having to double tap or triple tap capacitive keys or the touch screen to make selections. 2) no more volume bug. Those 2 things alone warranted this purchase for me.

Upvote 0
GOT IT!! I am now in the 20 minute wait time for the phone to activate and it'll be up and running. I turned it on for a bit just to test drive it and it is awesome. If anyone is still debating getting this phone, GET IT. It is a real phone compared to the MT.

I guess I have to change my user name now....

Ill be coming from a optimus :eek:

Upvote 0
So there are plenty if us now who have the phone. Is anyone else havin network issues? Every 15-30 minutes my phone loses service completely and I can't do anything for a good 5 minutes or so at a time.

Last night I had an issue with it losing connection with my home's wifi. But so far today and this evening, that problem hasn't repeated itself.

I haven't been able to send any texts, but from what I gather that's a known issue, and Virgin's working on a fix.

Upvote 0
And the wifi connection problem is back this evening. Says I'm out of range, but I'm sitting right next to the router. Hmmm...not sure why it would only do this late at night.

ETA: Erm. I fiddled with advanced wifi settings and nothing worked. Then I turned on Mobile Network, and immediately I got wifi back again, 54 Mbps signal strength. Not sure why this worked? Shouldn't I be able to maintain a wifi connection even when Mobile Network is turned off? It seems to do that just fine during the day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones