1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The *OFFICIAL* I have mine thread!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlear3, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jlear3

jlear3 Member

No sprint stores (nor radioshack or any other sprint reseller) had the phone in stock... luckily I live near MD who had the phone in stock, traded my evo 3d in and bought the phone for 75 bucks :)

First impressions?
    I don't feel it in my pocket lol, its very light, don't know if thats good or bad at this point..
    Ultra slim - I'm used to an evo 3d with extended battery..
    Love the camera!

Well, I just got home, so I'm going to mess with it and update later, maybe after work... Feel free to post here with your new phones guys!!

2. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

"after work"....riiiiight LOL you mean in between breaks at work LOL

jlear3 likes this.
  3. Sammael

Sammael Member

Just got mine and it is glorious.

4. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member

Ditto. Check out my First Impressions thread if you want to post yours.

PS By definition, official means endorsed or recognized by the governing body.

5. jlear3

jlear3 Member

Well good sir, let us hope that EarlyMon sees this and understands how much space one thread will save, and in turn, endorse it.

6. Gamingphreek

Gamingphreek Newbie

Checked 2 Best Buy stores in Leesburg, VA this morning. Neither one had the phone in stock. I went to the Sprint Store and picked it up... too bad too sad for Best Buy.

Love the phone.

Only issue I can tell is that the capactive buttons can be unresponsive.

7. jostan

jostan Lurker

I got it. I live in a smaller town. radio shack..none......wal-mart....none......40 miles down the road....Got it.....lovin it. they offered me $87 for my EVO, I decided to keep it just in case.

8. jlear3

jlear3 Member

Okay..... Phone is and has been charging.... Temp is 116

9. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

guess not to offical lol I have mine got 3 (2 in hand and sprint some reason sent me one lol on a line I already upgraded)

10. teky

teky Android Enthusiast

Got it and love it.

11. x_Morpheus_x

x_Morpheus_x Lurker

Opened up my store at 8:30 and checked transit which showed we weren't getting any....uber pissed....but then checked closest store and saw they were getting 10. Called manager and told him to call me as soon as he got them in because I had a customer ready to buy one.

Called me at 10:30 and I left to go get it. Got back to my store and had one of my associates ring me up and activate. Went into back office and played with it for the rest of my shift.

Good times.

12. ihackmobile

ihackmobile Newbie

I got mine from a corporate store in West Covina Ca. I work for a Sprint retailer and we're not going to get it for another week so I had to go corporate lol. No regrets, it was love at first voice command :p

13. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Android Enthusiast

I'm coming from the Evo Shift... and so far, I'm LOVING this. Still getting used to the relocation of the unlock button... but man, this is nice. I feel spoiled.

14. Javeline4

Javeline4 Newbie

Haha, awesome. I picked mine up on the 16th and have never looked back. I'll be satisfied with this phone for the next two years :eek:

15. Kindie75

Kindie75 Member

Got mine yesterday at a sprint store after canceling my online 3rd party order, they said it wouldn't ship for 8 to 9 days....so glad I went ahead and spent the few extra $!

16. HotInEER

HotInEER Newbie

Mine is out for delivery today, so I will give my impressions once I receive it and have a chance to play with the phone for a bit.

17. I got mine delivered from Sprint yesterday. I'm loving it so far. Very fast and smooth. Great display!

18. Deanski

Deanski Member

Just got one for my wife who had a Blackberry. Damn this phone is fast as snot!

Only problem thus far was a Twitter App not logging in, or invalid credentials.

My company has me on a Verizon HTC Inc. If this or Nexus Prime gets to Verizon, I may have to switch one way or another as this phone is just stupid fast!:D

Got the kickstand case too!

Screen is sharp and clear so far.

You gotta get this thing.... Serious IPhone 5 killer by far.

Deanski

19. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

Apple knows this, which is why they have been suing the hell out of Samsung in every market.

The Sprint version is especially beastly with the big screen, battery, and Exynos. The ATT and Tmobile versions are all missing something.

I have no idea what apple has up their sleeve, but it's going to have to be huge to compete with the E4GT

BenChase7 likes this.
  20. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert

So Korea is getting this with an HD resolution. Awe man. There's is a little faster but I can careless about that. 1.2 to 1.5 is not a huge difference at all when using the phone. It'll be beneficial to push such hi Res around though.

21. grcswoosh

grcswoosh Lurker

Had mine since Saturday, love it so far, although I am still getting used to Android. Came from the Pre at just the right time as that thing was falling apart.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews